1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“I’ve never seen Oasis live but there couldn’t have been that many better than us.”

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lcjjdnh, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I gotcha. Like I say.......I like Oasis just as much as the next guy. I have a couple of their CD's.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Pretty good list, but Manic Street Preachers twice in the top 100?
    Seems a little much. Violent Femmes first album should've been on there.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Two observations:
    1) What the fuck is Q Magazine and what makes that list any more authoritative than the hundreds of other similar lists pumped out by music snobs on a frequent basis?
    2) Seven of that list's top 11 were either Radiohead, Oasis or U2. It's hard to take an all-time greatest list seriously -- especially on a topic as subjective as music -- when it's obviously colored by one person's or one readership group's personal preferences.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It cannot be said enough how awful Radiohead is.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

"music snob" = a band you like didn't make the list

"music snob" also = what all Rush fans call the rest of the world

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Music snob" = Pretentious assholes who preen on and on about how some obscure band from the late 1970s punk scene (or in this case a pretty good and influential band, but ultimately one that was bigger in its genre than the music world at large) was better than the Beatles, Elvis, Sinatra, the Rolling Stones, Springsteen and Led Zeppelin put together.
    BECAUSE THEY ARE, THAT'S WHY!!! YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!!! GO BACK TO LISTENING TO YOUR POP MUSIC DRIVEL, SHEEPLE!

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

That list wasn't terrible, but you can tell it's a product of 2006 when you see two Coldplay albums on there. In 2006 that wouldn't have seemed outlandish. In 2015, it does.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Radiohead but no BTO! That's an OUTRAGE!

It's just a magazine list from nine years ago.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Q Magazine is to the British rock scene what Rolling Stone's musical coverage was/is to American rock.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What Rolling Stone was is not what Rolling Stone is. So which is Q Magazine like?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Also, Radiohead is awesome.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted