1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“I’ve never seen Oasis live but there couldn’t have been that many better than us.”

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lcjjdnh, Nov 5, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Nice.

2. TigerVols

OFFS. You're dead to me.

Oasis together with Blur created the biggest revolution in Britsh music since punk, if not Mod itself.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I was thinking more like CCR (though I love CCR), right down to the two brothers hating each other. John Fogerty wouldn't even visit Tom in the hospital when he was dying of AIDs.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Best band from the mid-'90s till '08.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

that's pretty sharp right there

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The quote in the thread title isn't all that crazy. I mean, if James Harden said "I never played against Michael Jordan, but I can't believe he was that much harder to guard than me," that's kind of arrogant, but not necessarily wrong.

But if he starts saying "I don't know why Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson thought they should try comebacks, they were never all that good compared to me anyway," that's when you know his ego has made him nuts.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I figured they were bigger over in the UK if they're still relevant enough to be saying stuff like this 20 years after their biggest moment of glory.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Songbird

Their last album Dig Out Your Soul ('08) is as good as anything they did and I thought their first 2 albums are among the best ever. They never lost it, only got better.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I bow in your general direction.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The hell?
    I like Oasis as much as the next guy.......but among the best ever?

11. TigerVols

Well, only if you consider being No. 5 and No. 8 as putting you among the best ever.

Q Magazine 100 Greatest Albums Ever

12. Songbird

Pure fucking rock 'n' roll, baby. They were superstars of the highest order. Beatles of my generation.

Draft saved Draft deleted