1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Both of you umpires have (coach's) d**k in your mouths and have c*m dripping

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Matt Stephens, Apr 15, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

OK, we get it. You don't like club sports.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Why blame Title IX for no NCAA baseball team? The argument doesn't work with so many other schools having teams. It's not a factual statement.

Club baseball has to be on the lower rung of club sports. Ultimate frisbee gets more attention.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Blame Title IX because in many respects it's true. Rather than adding sports or opportunities for women, a lot of schools have cut men's sports to get into compliance with the law. Baseball and wrestling have been severely hit across the country.

And with current budget issues, those programs seem to always be first on the chopping block. The recent mess at Cal is just one example.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

WHy blame Title IX? Because it's 100 percent true. CSU used to have an NCAA baseball team but had to axe it because of Title IX. Why wouldn't it be to blame?

5. Matt Stephens

Plus, if ultimate did get more attention, than club baseball, I could have been a well respected athlete in college.

I'm guessing you're not real familiar with sports in the region because club baseball, hockey and lacrosse receive a lot of attention and usually draw larger crowds than non-revenue NCAA sports (other than volleyball, of course).

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If seven of the nine MWC schools field baseball teams, you can't blame Title IX. You can blame alumni and the community for not supporting the sport.

I'm familiar with club sports. The hockey club usually got a few Russians to play, but the players hardly set foot in class and usually dropped out after a semester. One guy honestly thought he had NHL talent (bless his heart).

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You really think college baseball programs survive on support from the community? Or any of the sports that bring in little or no revenue?

8. Matt Stephens

Whether you like it or not, Title IX is the reason for no more NCAA baseball at CSU. The club team did get a new stadium built a couple of years ago and moved away from the old on-campus NCAA field.

CU doesn't have an NCAA team either, nor does Wyoming and Denver. Northern Colorado's DI team is relatively new. Starting next season, the MWC will be tied for the smallest baseball conference at six.

9. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Some do, at least in my neck of the woods.

They either survive on the backs of the major revenue-producing sports or the money comes from donors.

10. Matt Stephens

Scratch that. 5 teams

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[mizzou]

Club ball?

We just talkin' 'bout CLUB BALL ,,,

[/mizzou]

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That made me laugh...

There are some states that don't have baseball at the local college because of Title IX and weather reasons. I'm guessing that's partially the case at the Colorado schools.

Draft saved Draft deleted