1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘I Had No Idea They Were Still Alive’ — thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LMAO! Awesome story, MTM.

maumann likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I give "Animal House" a close second, and I was a big fan of all those old Lampoon guys. Doug Kenney, Chris Miller, I loved those guys and I still gotta put Blazing Saddles ahead.

Just noticed on IMDB that Robert Cray was in Otis Day and the Knights.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Doug Kenney's sister, Vicky, was my babysitter. Her mental state was reported on after his death.

maumann likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Jesus. It had to be horrible enough without people peeking in the cracks.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down. I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.

And I can’t leave this out:

[​IMG]

cyclingwriter2 and maumann like this.
  6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've probably mentioned this before, but anyway...

"Animal House" was filmed at the University of Oregon, my alma mater. I passed the Delta House on my way to school each morning until they tore it down late in my Freshman year. I had multiple classes in the room where Donald Sutherland is lecturing about Milton. Basically, the whole film is a series of scenes set in spots I recognize instantly.

But the craziest one -- after graduation I was working as a TV news photographer in Eugene. We went to interview the university president in his office. I get set up, we're doing the interview, I pause and look around... and realize I'm in Dean Wormer's office. They actually let the film crew use the university president's real office and I was standing on the exact spot where the horse died.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I love Blazing Saddles. This doesn’t bother me in the least. Some are going crazy over it.

Disclaimer or not, I’d be curious to see how the humor lands with people under 40. My guess is that it won’t for most.

I’m pretty darn liberal, but I see absolutely no value in litigating most entertainment that was produced in a completely different era.

OscarMadison, maumann and lakefront like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

"This thing is warped'"

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Still looks good too. #Ferguson

upload_2020-8-15_3-38-24.png

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I’m under 40 and find it hilarious.

OscarMadison, Deskgrunt50 and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted