Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at SportsJournalists.com.

1. Tarheel316 replied to the thread Running 2024 golf thread.

The cops really came across as heavy handed jerks in that latest tape.

May 29, 2024 at 1:33 PM
  2. Tarheel316 liked playthrough's post in the thread Running 2024 golf thread.

All charges dropped around Scheffler in Louisville. About damn time.

May 29, 2024 at 1:32 PM
  3. sgreenwell liked Regan MacNeil's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

When businessmen can't falsify records to cover up illicit activities, we all lose a little freedom.

May 29, 2024 at 1:29 PM
  4. sgreenwell liked Michael_ Gee's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

It would be rare for anyone found guilty of what Trump is charged with to do time as a first offender under New York state sentencing...

5. sgreenwell liked franticscribe's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

Split verdicts are common. Just given the number of charges, it wouldn't surprise me to see a split verdict here. Each count relates...

6. garrow liked dixiehack's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

Do crimes no other president ever dreamed about, then whine about how it is all unprecedented. And the zombie army eats it up.

May 29, 2024 at 1:28 PM
  7. sgreenwell liked Twirling Time's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

Probably guilty on most if not all charges, but it won't matter because he'll never do a second of time.

May 29, 2024 at 1:28 PM
  8. sgreenwell liked franticscribe's post in the thread What Happens to College Sports After the House Case is Settled.

I've long been of the opinion that universities shouldn't be in the business of sports, but it is the system we have developed in the US...

May 29, 2024 at 1:26 PM
  9. sgreenwell replied to the thread RIP Bill Walton.

On the latest Press Box podcast episode, Bryan Curtis mentions that for his interview with Walton, he asked one question - how did he...

May 29, 2024 at 1:25 PM
  10. Just_An_SID replied to the thread What Happens to College Sports After the House Case is Settled.

I have been out of athletics for 10 years now and I really don't miss crap like this. Slowly but surely, everything that was good about...

May 29, 2024 at 1:25 PM
  11. garrow liked Woody Long's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

I think the longer the jury is out, the more likely it is there's a guilty verdict on at least some of the counts. It would be...

May 29, 2024 at 1:23 PM
  12. sgreenwell liked dixiehack's post in the thread RIP Bill Walton.

On the 30 for 30 thread, someone shared a story of David Stern shooing Walton out the door because otherwise “he would talk all day.” As...

13. Liut liked Inky_Wretch's post in the thread RIP Bill Walton.

I'm really struck by all the stories about Walton remembering people's names after meeting them just once. I wish I had that skill.

14. Liut liked Just_An_SID's post in the thread RIP Bill Walton.

Had the pleasure of working with Bill Walton when he did college basketball games about 25 years ago. He was fun to work with because...

May 29, 2024 at 1:22 PM
  15. da man replied to the thread Running tennis thread 2024.

Osaka breaks Iga three times to win the second set 6-1. Going the distance.

May 29, 2024 at 1:22 PM
  16. Deskgrunt50 liked franticscribe's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

Split verdicts are common. Just given the number of charges, it wouldn't surprise me to see a split verdict here. Each count relates...

May 29, 2024 at 1:21 PM
  17. outofplace replied to the thread RIP Bill Walton.

Staubach was the guest speaker at conference my wife's company held in Dallas a few years ago. Of course, she had no idea who he was and...

May 29, 2024 at 1:18 PM
  18. micropolitan guy replied to the thread What Happens to College Sports After the House Case is Settled.

I thought schools could not participate in NIL. Maybe that will change with the settlement. Financials for the new TV contract have not...

May 29, 2024 at 1:17 PM
  19. The Big Ragu replied to the thread The Economy.

It's beyond dumb at this point. So not one retailer, let alone thousands of them, saw an opportunity to take market share and make a ton...

May 29, 2024 at 1:16 PM
  20. I Should Coco liked dixiehack's post in the thread RIP Bill Walton.

On the 30 for 30 thread, someone shared a story of David Stern shooing Walton out the door because otherwise “he would talk all day.” As...

21. I Should Coco liked Just_An_SID's post in the thread RIP Bill Walton.

Had the pleasure of working with Bill Walton when he did college basketball games about 25 years ago. He was fun to work with because...

22. I Should Coco liked Azrael's post in the thread NPR essay on losing "America's trust".

I still don't know. It might be too late to do anything about it. The net effect of our national news exhaustion is to be soft on...

May 29, 2024 at 1:12 PM
  23. TheSportsPredictor replied to the thread Last movie you watched.......

Speaking of … next movie I’ll watch: ‘MoviePass, MovieCrash’ Review: When They Take Your Company Away

May 29, 2024 at 1:11 PM
  24. MileHigh replied to the thread Running 2024 golf thread.

Charges against Scottie Scheffler dropped in police incident during PGA Championship

May 29, 2024 at 1:10 PM
  25. playthrough replied to the thread Running 2024 golf thread.

All charges dropped around Scheffler in Louisville. About damn time.

May 29, 2024 at 1:09 PM