Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at SportsJournalists.com.

1. Liut liked jr/shotglass's post in the thread MLB '24 Regular Season Thread.

That is a good point. Of course, if it's that loose, the numbers can never tell the full story of the individuals. And that's what we're...

May 29, 2024 at 6:10 PM
  2. BTExpress replied to the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

Fooling creditors into thinking you can pay for something that you can't. Peak America. Downright Trumpist.

May 29, 2024 at 6:08 PM
  3. MileHigh replied to the thread The Economy.

Same at my Kroger here. Third time I've seen them do it in the past couple of months. Also have seen a "digital deal" of 12-pack of Coke...

May 29, 2024 at 6:07 PM
  4. jr/shotglass replied to the thread MLB '24 Regular Season Thread.

That is a good point. Of course, if it's that loose, the numbers can never tell the full story of the individuals. And that's what we're...

May 29, 2024 at 6:06 PM
  5. Inky_Wretch replied to the thread The Economy.

So Amazon, Walmart, Target and others cutting prices on items that have gone up in price isn't a retreat on prices?

May 29, 2024 at 5:56 PM
  6. PCLoadLetter replied to the thread 2024 NBA playoffs thread.

If I'm Bronny and Klutch, I'm not willing to do a 2-way deal either. He doesn't benefit from that in the slightest.

May 29, 2024 at 5:53 PM
  7. HanSenSE replied to the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

He's had her a lot more involved from Day One than any POTUS I can recall. Compare and contrast with FDR, who kept Truman totally out of...

May 29, 2024 at 5:46 PM
  8. Liut replied to the thread MLB '24 Regular Season Thread.

Aroldis Chapman in for the seventh. Nine Ks for Skenes.

May 29, 2024 at 5:43 PM
  9. Tarheel316 liked Deskgrunt50's post in the thread Running 2024 golf thread.

Another shining moment for the Louisville PD. Please give the damaged pants some privacy as they heal and reflect. Hopefully this...

May 29, 2024 at 5:38 PM
  10. Liut liked maumann's post in the thread The 2024 running motorsports thread.

A great question and something I posed to Lee Montgomery while we were watching the race. Indianapolis was built nearly 120 years ago,...

May 29, 2024 at 5:35 PM
  11. tapintoamerica liked dixiehack's post in the thread What Happens to College Sports After the House Case is Settled.

I wonder how that goes for athletes when they interview for normal jobs after graduating. “Yeah I played at three different schools in...

May 29, 2024 at 5:34 PM
  12. Michael_ Gee replied to the thread MLB '24 Regular Season Thread.

Those are the RECORDED games of the Negro Leagues. For sure all these men played in many more games lost to history, because they were...

May 29, 2024 at 5:30 PM
  13. The Big Ragu replied to the thread The Economy.

One other thing. ... Of course the current administration, which has run up a trillion dollars of new debt every 100 days that is what...

May 29, 2024 at 5:29 PM
  14. TigerVols replied to the thread 2024 NBA playoffs thread.

I'm pretty sure I read where Klutch Sports is warning teams a 2-way deal is not an option for Bronny.

May 29, 2024 at 5:27 PM
  15. dixiehack replied to the thread What Happens to College Sports After the House Case is Settled.

Once you are in, that’s absolutely the right response. But getting in is the hard part, and HR departments can be amazingly picky.

May 29, 2024 at 5:26 PM
  16. Liut replied to the thread MLB '24 Regular Season Thread.

Skenes through six in Detroit with a 5-2 lead. Closing in on 100 pitches.

May 29, 2024 at 5:25 PM
  17. jr/shotglass replied to the thread MLB '24 Regular Season Thread.

You can play that card until you're blue in the face, but I'm not borrowing your white liberal guilt. Tony C0nigliaro had 849 hits in...

May 29, 2024 at 5:23 PM
  18. TigerVols liked The Big Ragu's post in the thread The Economy.

Prices go up when you have too much money chasing too few goods and services. It's not a complicated concept. This is M2 money supply....

May 29, 2024 at 5:21 PM
  19. The Big Ragu replied to the thread The Economy.

According to the BLS (the same administration the FTC works for), prices are not retreating. The rate of growth has slowed down. But...

May 29, 2024 at 5:18 PM
  20. Inky_Wretch replied to the thread The Economy.

So why are prices now retreating?

May 29, 2024 at 5:15 PM
  21. Baron Scicluna replied to the thread What Happens to College Sports After the House Case is Settled.

“I’ll give you a chance to match that offer, or I’ll be putting in my two weeks’ notice. I’m here to make money.”

May 29, 2024 at 5:13 PM
  22. jr/shotglass replied to the thread MLB '24 Regular Season Thread.

Oh, there's an apt comparison.

May 29, 2024 at 5:13 PM
  23. nietsroob17 liked Baron Scicluna's post in the thread 2024 Pro Wrestling Thread.

I saw part of the Eddie doc, as I was flipping between multiple sports events, and I saw the El Paso footage. I wonder if that was the...

May 29, 2024 at 5:11 PM
  24. Baron Scicluna replied to the thread What Happens to College Sports After the House Case is Settled.

What’ll hurt college sports more than anything is the loss of regional rivalries. Rutgers/UCLA as a Big Ten Rivalry just doesn’t cut it....

May 29, 2024 at 5:10 PM
  25. I Should Coco liked kickoff-time's post in the thread WNBA thread… 28.5 ain’t your pay cut.

The question was why did Auriemma not recruit Clark, not which one would be more entertaining or better. UConn recruited and landed...

May 29, 2024 at 5:10 PM