Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at SportsJournalists.com.

1. garrow liked BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo's post in the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

All this talk about detective shows reminds me of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, which aired a little before my time in the late...

May 19, 2024 at 2:23 PM
  2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo replied to the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

All this talk about detective shows reminds me of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, which aired a little before my time in the late...

May 19, 2024 at 2:21 PM
  3. garrow liked OscarMadison's post in the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

Douglas' last scene was heartbreaking. Maybe I was blindsided because of the broad strokes used in the previous two episodes. It was...

May 19, 2024 at 2:18 PM
  4. swingline replied to the thread Did Dan Rather Invent a Source When He Broke the Death of JFK?.

I never read All the President’s Men, but I still have a paperback copy of The Palace Guard, which I think is great.

May 19, 2024 at 2:17 PM
  5. Liut replied to the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

Are Hal Linden and Max Gail the only surviving cast members?

May 19, 2024 at 2:13 PM
  6. Liut liked OscarMadison's post in the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

Douglas' last scene was heartbreaking. Maybe I was blindsided because of the broad strokes used in the previous two episodes. It was...

May 19, 2024 at 2:11 PM
  7. OscarMadison liked dixiehack's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

Start spreading the news …

8. swingline liked Slacker's post in the thread Did Dan Rather Invent a Source When He Broke the Death of JFK?.

"What's the frequency, Lancey?" o_O

9. OscarMadison replied to the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

May 19, 2024 at 2:10 PM
  10. OscarMadison liked YMCA B-Baller's post in the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

Old school TV comedies don't often hold up well. So much of it was restrained by practices and standards back in the day, so by 2024...

May 19, 2024 at 2:04 PM
  11. garrow replied to the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

I'd have a Dragnet channel....and just run this one: Joe and Bill square off against a Timothy Leary clone! [MEDIA]

May 19, 2024 at 2:04 PM
  12. Spartan Squad liked three_bags_full's post in the thread Meanwhile on the International front.....

Damnit! Might be my first db. Although not a separate thread, so it might not qualify.

May 19, 2024 at 2:03 PM
  13. OscarMadison liked garrow's post in the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

Action was great. Ileana Douglas too.

May 19, 2024 at 2:01 PM
  14. OscarMadison liked BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo's post in the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

Action was tremendous and I suspect it was made recently enough to stand up. Everyone was great in that show but the late great Buddy...

15. Liut liked wicked's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

Also don’t assume you’re going to win because of a two-year-old SCOTUS decision. I sense that’s what Democrats are hoping will happen....

16. Liut liked 2muchcoffeeman's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

The only polls that count are election results. Ignore everything else.

May 19, 2024 at 2:00 PM
  17. Liut replied to the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

Love the original Five-O. Second favorite television program to The Fugitive.

May 19, 2024 at 1:59 PM
  18. Liut liked YMCA B-Baller's post in the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

Old school TV comedies don't often hold up well. So much of it was restrained by practices and standards back in the day, so by 2024...

May 19, 2024 at 1:57 PM
  19. dixiehack liked YMCA B-Baller's post in the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

I am extremely ashamed to admit I thought this was really funny, even cool, at the time. I was listening to this and LL Cool J's...

May 19, 2024 at 1:53 PM
  20. dixiehack liked three_bags_full's post in the thread Meanwhile on the International front.....

Damnit! Might be my first db. Although not a separate thread, so it might not qualify.

May 19, 2024 at 1:51 PM
  21. Liut replied to the thread No, you CAN'T root in the damn press box.

Thread is under a heading of Journalism Topics. This woman is a sports journalism joke. Perhaps we should have a category entitled...

May 19, 2024 at 1:48 PM
  22. three_bags_full replied to the thread Meanwhile on the International front.....

May 19, 2024 at 1:47 PM
  23. YMCA B-Baller replied to the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

I am extremely ashamed to admit I thought this was really funny, even cool, at the time. I was listening to this and LL Cool J's...

May 19, 2024 at 1:46 PM
  24. BitterYoungMatador2 liked Liut's post in the thread RIP Dabney Coleman.

I'm hooked every time upon finding Barney Miller. Police at the time often indicated the program was a fairly accurate portrayal of a...

May 19, 2024 at 1:45 PM
  25. Liut liked 2muchcoffeeman's post in the thread No, you CAN'T root in the damn press box.

Yeah, but this isn't one of them. Key sign of narcissistic behavior.

May 19, 2024 at 1:43 PM