1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uh, interesting, yeah that's the word, Bears fan photo from Soldier Field

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Del_B_Vista, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

A nice sign from the Bears faithful from Sunday's game against the Saints:
    [​IMG]

If that link gets the BIG RED X, I'll delete it and just route people here:
    http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/16531234.htm

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I was in Las Vegas for the Seahawks-Bears game and was amazed at the number of Bears fans in Vegas. It struck me as a pretty cool thing. Then I struck up a couple conversations with some of them, identifying myself as a Seahawks fan ... and I am, in an "I have to kind of root for somebody sort of way." And maybe I'm too used to dealing with college fans, but these guys were total pricks ... and this is after their team had won. They were talking serious shit to me about the Seahawks, as if I really give a fuck. I know NFL fans are a different breed of fans -- take that for what you will -- but I have never casually encountered a bigger group of assholes. I cannot imagine they are truly representative and they all were of the 20-something variety, but it was unsettling.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Stay classy, Chicago.

4. 85bears

85bears Member

Since apparently Bears fans need to be defended ... I'm a Bears fan and my wife is a Colts fan. There's actually a lot of that going on in Indiana.

So we're getting a lot of the, "So ... bet there's a lot of trash talking going on in your house this week!"

Nope. Not a word. I don't really participate in that, because I'm not playing and she's not playing. It's stupid fanboy shit, though I'm sure it goes on in every fan base.

The guys up top aren't idiots because they're Bears fans or Chicagoans. They're idiots because they're idiots.

5. Msaint

Msaint Member

The hat on the portly douche in the middle isn't helping his cause, either.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't get it. What network is BFWKS? ;)

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Well put, Msaint. I'd like to be there when Mr. Doucheport is visiting the folks for dinner, explaining his rationale to Mom.

Unless of course it runs in the family ... that's a sight I'd rather not see.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What would be the proper retort?

Saints Finish What Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Started?

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Let's drop that fucking douchebag off on Bourbon Street and see how funny that sign is then.

10. Among all the tourists? Why would they care?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I imagine it would go something like when John McClane wore a certain sign in the streets of Harlem.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

OK, sorry, let's dump them in the levee and let them swim to shore.

Draft saved Draft deleted