1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears vs. Colts: Super Bowl XLI running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He has to ask the permission of a judge in Cook County tomorrow. Some say the judge won't grant the permission, but I'm guessing if he wants to be re-elected he might.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I hope the judge grows a spine and says no. Second parole violation . . . Tank deserves to be in jail, not playing in the Super Bowl. Course I'm terribly biased on this.

3. He's not on parole. He's on probation. A bit of a difference. I don't believe he's ever been convicted of a felony, fangirl looser. :p

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

same here:
    LOCK'EM UP!

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Fine, probation. Still a second violation in the 13 months since he was convicted. Keep him in state to make a point -- that even the rich and famous aren't above the law, fanboy looser!

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Maybe Tank could do a Super Bowl commercial instead?

Here's one he could find a spot in ...

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Then he probably ought to abide by the terms of his probation. That and avoid any situations that would put both himself and the team in an awkward position, because he could have avoided all this.

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

9. Well, if your mom had wheels she'd be a bicycle -- I'm paraphrasing myself, but eat shit; Pats suck.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well done.

And if the Chargers hadn't giftwrapped the playoff game in San Diego, the might Patriots would have been out in the first round.

... and if the weather had been nicer and the field in better shape, maybe the Saints wouldn't have gotten their butts beat in Chicago...
    ... and if Hasselbeck and Alexander had been healthy all year, the Seahawks might have made it back to the Super Bowl...
    .... and one special for you Angola....if the Ben Roethlisberger had stayed off the damn motorcycle, he might not have sucked the first half of the season and the Steelers would have gotten back into that sixth seed in the playoffs. And of course, they could have won it all from there again (Yes, that is me making fun of myself and my fanboy looserness, too.)

Guess what? All those teams and many more have could haves and would haves. Not just the Pats.

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

The Pats didn't belong in the playoffs, just like another team we know didn't belong in its sport's biggest show. :)

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

If they didn't belong in the playoffs, they wouldn't have made it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.