1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good news for Lost fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jan 16, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

NYTimes had an article in yesterday's (Monday) Arts section on Lost.
    I'd copy and paste the link, but I'm lazy and the site sometimes locks my computer up
    Anyway, the producers envisioned a 100-episode arc of roughly five seasons, so they said when the show picks back up, fans will start seeing some resolutions. At 53 episodes, the show is over halfway done, ABC is working on way to get around the long break between fall and spring, the one that pissed the fans off so much, and that the network is going to be getting away from serial dramas.
    There's more.
    But I left the copy at Starbucks and I don't remember the rest.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i like that they're actually thinking about answering all the questions

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Over the past few weeks, the missus and I watched all of Season 1. I'm conviced that the "answer" is either: 1) a figment of Jack's imagination (he's the first guy that you see in the first episode); or 2) purgatory.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The producers have ruled out both of those scenarios.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I still say, it needs to end with the whole thing being a dream. Jack will be some schmo working in an office, Sawyer will be the guy in the cubicle next to him, Kate will be the cute new intern, Hurley will be the IT guy, Charlie will be a sandwich artist at the Subway around the corner, Locke will be the asshole boss, Claire will be the willowy Starbucks barrista, etc.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Didn't know that. Not sure how they can make an ending which would be "logical".

8. Which would be OK with me ... in a way. Because I've never felt like the point of watching the show is to figure out what unifying theory ties it all together. It's to watch how people interact in a society like this. The show is a big metaphor. I honestly think the creators got blind-sided by how into the mythology portion people became, and they've created this runaway monster they don't know what to do with.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good news better be that it's ending.

10. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Why? If you don't like it don't watch it.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It's not 80s enough for BYH. Except Locke's flashbacks. To me they're the freakiest.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's the thing: I loved it the first year.

It completely lost me the second year. It's a one-year show stretched to five. It doesn't work.

If I hear it's about to end, I might give it a shot, to see if they get their shit back together.

Draft saved Draft deleted