1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 24 thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jan 14, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Man, I appreciate 24 fanboyhood but the sig pic has got to go.

I have a computer monitor, not a Ginormitron™.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I always used to say 24's hook was that it managed to pull out all the stops and still leave you feeling like the worst didn't happen. An entire hotel poisoned...nuclear bomb goes off in the desert...the mall getting poisoned...

And yet you could always, in the end, say "Phew. The nuclear bomb didn't go off in LA."

Well, so much for that.

That said, so much bad shit has happened on the show--and the show so often stretches the boundaries of believability--that, again, the big one going off didn't shock me as much as Jack shooting Curtis. What does that mean, aside from the fact that the yeehaws are right and TV has desensitized me to violence? Maybe that the pull of 24 is in the relationships and characters.

Or that I'm a desensitized bastard. :D

I do wonder what they can do to top this though. There are four more bombs running around.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This. Was. Awesome. :D

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the Curtis fanboy in me, but are we sure he's dead? He was clutching high up on his right shoulder (practically the neck) when he went down and the paramedics were still working on him.

I read in the Entertainment Weekly preview that we were going to learn a bunch about him this season. I guess that could just be his history with Assad, but it sounded like he was going to be a bigger part.

I guess after Tony getting shot in the neck in a mall and finishing his shift in Season 4(?), I'm skeptical about him being dead.

Then again, I thought I saw President (David) Palmer's hand twitch as he lay on the ground after getting taken out by a sniper and wasn't convinced he was dead for a long time, so what the hell do I know.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought the exact same thing (sans Palmer being alive...figuired he was dead when he hit the floor).

I'm not sure Curtis is gone, though it ain't looking good.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

According to some of the spoiler sites I read before the show, Curtis was slated to die.

7. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Where is Audrey?

8. printdust

printdust New Member

This is truly a kickass show. Just located it. Heard about it often, but damn, TiVO is now my best friend.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

On "The Nine."

That that show appears finished, and that she never died last year despite being cut from top to bottom of her arm, means she might be able to come back for some more punishment.

10. Skeptic Tank

Skeptic Tank Member

So on the list of all-time hard-core Jack Bauer moves, where do eating some cat's jugular and spitting it out and shooting Curtis in the throat rank?

I still say chopping Chase's hand off with an ax and tossing it in the fridge is right up near the top.

11. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

God damn it, 24 is the best show on television... great ending to tonight's episode. There's a reason I've never missed an episode in the history of this series.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Outside of the glorified Toyota Rav 4 commercial towards the end, it was pretty interesting. I wonder if the movie is going to deal with the Chinese storyline. It seems like the best potential place for a '24' movie that isn't done in 'real time.'

Draft saved Draft deleted