1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose, Never-Ending Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zizzer, Mar 1, 2006.

1. FCE

FCE Member

hadn't heard that variation of his name. very good.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Quick Rangers update, former player and reserve team coach Iain Durrant is going to be the Bradley for the time being.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sort of a burn there! Well played.

I like Iain Durrant. I hope he stays in the fold (probably will) after this weekend's fixture. Maybe in a few years he'll take over the full squad when McCoist has run his course.

And Webster signs today with Rangers. Not our Webster. I would get a good chuckle if it was!

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If the games in Lot 16A are any indication, things are pretty dire for Rangers if they are looking at a flabby 37 year old with a bad back.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Here he is:
    [​IMG]

If you squint your eyes just a bit, I can definitely see a resemblance!

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

In case some of you still were under the delusion the U.S. had near the talent of the Czech Republic, Rosicky put two on Liverpool to knock the Reds (current holders) out of the FA Cup.
    Once again: The U.S. lost to a superior team.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Wasn't too long ago that I read about Reyna denying back to the MLS rumors. Oh well. If he's not playing it's probably better for everyone.

I give it two weeks before his appearance at a New York Red Bulls press conference. Good for the league.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm looking forward to Reyna's arrival in MLS. RBNY will not be using a DP slot on him so that makes it all even better.

He was denying the rumors for a while but this move was inevitable.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

BBC Scotland is reporting Walter Smith will resign the Scotland position to take over the Rangers job. Good for Rangers, but Scotland now has no chance of qualifying for anything anytime soon.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yes, that was correct. But there was an issue still with compensation and the like.

But, here is your updated link!

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So, Walter walks away, and all is well in the Blue side of Glasgow. But this is horrible news for the National Team. Smith seemed to making great progress with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted