1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Troy Smith's speech

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bigugly, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden New Member

If you're nominating Claude for sainthood, allow me to second the nomination. Best. SID. Ever.

2. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

i recently had to deal with snapp and never got a response for what i was looking for. no big deal, but exepected at least something.

i worked with auburn folks a little, and they were always cool to deal with. had some dealings with georgia and nc state as well, and they were good people.

3. Haven't had too many experiences with SIDs, but Mike "Mex" Carey at Georgetown is top notch and a hard worker.

4. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

You nailed that one right on the head, writer. Even people who work for and with him say that he is a miserable person.

5. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Some of the best:
    Kenny Mossman, OU FBall
    Scott McConnell, Texas bkb
    Allan Cannon, A&M FB
    Claude Felton, Georgia
    Tim Tessalone, USC
    Keith Mann, Nebraska
    Dean Buchan, Wake Forest
    Steve "Rock Concert" Kirschner, North Carolina

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Snapp's a tool. HAted dealing with him when I covered the B10 on a regular basis... nothing's changed.

Laugh, but I enjoyed dealing with Bruce Madej at Michigan; but he has to say no a lot of times.

Top 8 I've had to deal with who are still working or close to it...
    Jim Schneider, UM
    Jim Streeter, Eastern Michigan
    John Farina, ex-MSU
    Mike Korcek, Northern Illinois
    Mike Pearson, ex-(I think) Illinois
    Greg Seitz, Jax State
    Kirk Sampson, Auburn
    Fred Stabley, Central Michigan

Bottom 5
    Anyone at Notre Dame (Specifically Heisler)
    Snapp
    Ken Hoffman, ex MSU lackey
    Campbell
    Kit Klingelhoffer, Indiana

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't deal with too many SIDs, but there's a name I know. He used to be an assistant at St. John's. He was a really nice guy, something that stood out at St. John's during the Uncle Phil years.

8. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Every SID I've ever dealt with was a sad, sad individual. Either on a power trip or beaten down.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have no idea what ever became of him, but Paul Just at Western Kentucky was a great guy back in the day.

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Paul Just is still around, enjoying semi-retirement.

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Doug Walker at Alabama is good people, and an upgrade from their recent past. Plus, anybody who still can find a sense of humor amid the Crimson Tide's current self-flaggelation deserves a nudge here.

rb

12. Kenny Klein at Louisville is very, very good. Used to be a guy at UK, Brooks Downing who was great at getting you needed info. UK's Scott Stricklin and Tony Neely are about as worthless as they come, IMO.

Draft saved Draft deleted