1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studio 60 (12/4)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

non-cable television can't do better than that.

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

The Tipitina Foundation is tremendous. A lot of people who lost their homes were also some of the better musicians in the city. In addition to their homes, they lost their instruments. New Orleans is, among other things, about the music. I hope lots of people continue to give to the foundation. I know I'll continue to.

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Yeah, that one is good. The crazy thing about his band, it's all a bunch of youngsters. I don't recall any of them being older than like 24. And all are at the top of their game on their respective instruments.

4. Skeptic Tank

Skeptic Tank Member

Just got through watching the DVR version with the wife. I held my arm up in front of her after about six notes, and I said, "look at that" -- literal goosebumps. Shorty's just that good.

A little much sap to wade through, but you had to expect some of that. They appear to be fighting the perception of "too smart for the room" by injecting love stories that appeal to most anyone.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

There's no way Harriet says "I'm Matt" and no one notices it or needles her.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Song isn't up on iTunes yet. :(

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

The best of the Sorkin Christmas episodes was his first on the WW. In Excelseis Deo (sp.) in which a veteran dies wearing Toby's coat and we get to hear the story of Mrs. Landingham's twin sons.

Sorkin can always get a good tear-jerker going for the holidays.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Yeah, I broke down and just bought the ep. At least now I can listen to it.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

On iTunes? What's it titled? I couldn't find it anywhere.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

The Christmas Show

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Ooh, ooh, I'm sorry. I don't mean the EP, I mean the episode of Studio 60.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

my head's exploding. but mert, the episode of the show is up on nbc.com now. that's the best i can offer.

Draft saved Draft deleted