1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Light the Hot Stove fires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

ESPN reporting the Astros have signed Carlos Lee to a 6 year/100 million dollar deal.

Finally, Berkman will get some protection in the lineup.

Now we'll see if this is enough to keep Rocket and Pettite from bolting.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's an insane deal, even in this market.

That guy's going to be pushing three bills in a year or two.

And Rocket will stay if the Astros give him one more cent than the other high bidder. Sack o' crap.

3. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Brewers make a tiny splash, sending LHP Doug Davis to Arizona for Johnny Estrada. Each team threw in two other players...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2675502

My first reaction as a Brewers fan is to like the trade. The two throw-ins the Brewers gave up weren't producing although it was interesting they gave up on Krynzel.

The Brewers get a good-hitting catcher along with Vargas, who had very similar numbers to Davis a year ago...

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I thought this was a win for the Brewers. Damian Miller is toast. Doug Davis had a fine season two years ago, but he's a tad wild. Vargas is servicable and Aquino should help a so-so bullpen. Eveland has done crap in the majors and Krynzel didn't help himself in the organization by being injured in an offseason motorcycle accident last year and not telling anyone about it.

6. Randy Wolf to sign with the Dodgers?

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061127&content_id=1746036&vkey=hotstove2006&fext=.jsp

Excellent move by the Dodgers. I look for Wolf to have a great season with the Dodgers. I predict 17-5. This is the best signing of the offseason.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Isn't that hard to say without seeing dollars? I didn't see any.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I predict seven or eight good starts before he hurts his elbow again, then three or four awful starts before he finally admits he is hurting. Then back to the DL.

9. XXXX

XXXX Member

hahahahaahahahahaahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun with teen wolf.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Cubs have supposedly offered Jason Schmidt a three-year $44 million deal.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Where'd you hear this?

EDIT: Never mind; I saw it on ESPN's rumor mill.

Draft saved Draft deleted