1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 11-24/25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Nov 24, 2006.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And the Aggies Gig'em. Congratulations Oklahoma, the back door is open for you, follow through tomorrow.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Rolled around like he'd been shot for the first few seconds after the hit. Was moving all extermities at that point.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Meanwhile, in Manhattan, Kansas, the Wildcats' bowl hopes just took a hit with UT's loss dulling the shine of K-State's win over UT. Of course, no one else gives a shit...

Aggies will be gloating for a year over this one. And generally speaking, the Longhorns will slink around for a little while, then they'll be over it. A&M hates UT far more than UT hates A&M.

In fact, it's kind of intense the way A&M has such a negative obsession with UT. But it's not unusual for "ag schools" to feel that way about their snobbier (and usually more successful) in-state rivals. I've lived in Texas, Mississippi and Kansas, among other places...and have seen this dynamic replicated in each place. Mississippi State lives to hate Ole Miss. The Rebels hate State, but their sense of superiority always saw them through after a loss..."We may have lost, but we're still Ole Miss and you're still State." On the other hand, when State lost, it seemed devastating to Bulldog fans...as if the loss were final proof of Ole Miss' across-the-board superiority.

Of course I understand rivalries, but it's weird to me when hate for the rival seems just as strong as love for one's team. My girlfriend is a K-State alumna and her level of KU-phobia is off the register. She told me she went to see "Glory Road" just because she heard that it contained a sequence where the Jayhawks lost an NCAA tournament game.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think most rivalries have a big brother-little brother aspect to them. I heard an interesting thing on the radio last week which stated the Michigan-OSU rivalry matters a lot more to the Buckeyes than the Wolverines. Any others think this is the case?

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yes, it was. I saw that on one the gamebreaks during the Nebraska/Colorado game.

6. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

LSU 24-12 with 10:59 to play in fourth. LSU is easily the most-talented team in the SEC, and if not for having one of the dumbest coaches, could easily be the best team in the SEC. There. I said it. An LSU's win also potentially secures two BCS berths for the SEC, meaning the Bama fans can breathe easily. They're going bowling...in Shreveport or Memphis.

EDIT: Yeah, a bit early. McFadden just scored on an 80-yard run.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And just like that, McFadden goes 80 yards up the middle for a TD. 24-19 LSU.

8. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Oh, also, if you think Darren McFadden isn't one of the best players in the country, if not the best, you're greatly mistaken. Dude is incredible. He can play three positions on offense, and if they put him on the offensive line, i'm sure he could do that too.

9. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Wow. I wish I was half as fast as those two guys are: McFadden and that LSU kid.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Wow, this game just keeps getting more and more ridiculous and fun to watch.

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Amen.

12. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

Verne Lundquist is perfect for these kinds of wild games.

Draft saved Draft deleted