1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UM vs. OSU only drew a 13.4

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jimmy Olson, Nov 21, 2006.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Hey dipshit, I don't give a rat's ass about how many people watched the game. The fact that you do is just further proof that you are having time making it to five green-jersey whack-offs a day, so you need to find another way to spend some time. Go blow it, and your pompous attitude about life, out your ass.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Only when compared with ratings for non-sports events.

3. Jimmy Olson

Jimmy Olson Member

Thank you

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Also, consider that there were a full slate of other games nationwide, and all of those fans don't get counted for watching the satellite hookup back at the tailgate party.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Anyone who believes a 13.4 rating for anything other than the Super Bowl is low, is clearly a moron. It outdrew EVERY World Series game this year, and they were all in prime time and not up against any sports competition.

13.4 is HUGE number for a regular-season college football game, especially one played in the afternoon.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Jeez, what a troll. Quotes a compliment for someone else as meant for him.

Jimmy, you are a complete douche. Please piss off.

7. stevenash

stevenash Member

good point

8. Neutral Bias

Neutral Bias New Member

The point that the poster made is that it was not the most watched game since 1993.

I've been one who peruses this board from time to time, but felt the need to go through the motions on this one to be able to post. More time than not, this appears like a fanboy board. Many of you argue without facts. This isn't the only case, but still speaks very loud to the point.

Many of you shame the career that my grandfather Red had so much love for.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Your excellent points are putting you in line for All-Rookie team honors.

As for Jimmy ... well ... the term "fanboy assclown" leaps to mind.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wait, who's your grandfather?

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I could be wrong, but I don't even think the Big House has permanent lights. I was told by someone in our department who covered a couple games up there that they bring in temporary lights for 3:30 games, since it gets dark later in the fall.

For years and year, the OSU-Michigan game was ALWAYS at noon, then finally moved to 1 p.m. a few years ago. They got dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 3:30 slot this year. Eventually, I guess they'll probably go primetime with it, but I'm not going to lie: It looked pretty damn weird seeing OSU and Michigan playing against each other under artificial light. I don't know how else to put it... It just looked... wrong.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only lights at UM is a small bank along the pressbox.. enough to see what's going on, but far from enough to light the field... will be interesting to see what happens withthis at Michigan Stadium next year...

Draft saved Draft deleted