1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alert: Canuck thread...So, who's gonna win the Grey Cup on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

He already had his chance in the NFL, excpet as a defensive back for I think Seattle

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The kicking game for both teams will be atrocious, I think. It's in Winterpeg in November. The wind will be gusting pretty good and punting will be like trying to drop kick a brick. I think BC wins it. Just too many weapons and a better defence, but Montreal will keep it closer than some people think. BC by 10. That's what I hope for anyways, I want to see Dickenson finally win one.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's 34 now and the body probably isn't as good as it once was.

BTW, I saw your sig and at first thought it said "Winnipeg is a great deodorant."

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

This has been the rumour for the last couple of Grey Cups. I don't think it will actually happen. They will alienate too many of their hardcore fans. They have sold the naming rights of the conference finals which is fine, but I don't think we'll be watching the Tim Horton's Grey Cup anytime soon. Actually I think if they did sellout that Tim Horton's would be one of the few halfway acceptable corporations.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The 1C might be the daytime temp.

According to Environment Canada, Saturday's day high is 1C but -9C in the evening.

Game starts at 6:00 so it could be a little cool.

If Saskatchewan had made it, those 4,000 seats would have been gone in a heartbeat.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Hilarious. Winnipeg is a need for a good deodorant, mind you though, the City I'm in (well most of you from the big cities would refer to it as a small town, but at 24,000 to me it's a city) could use a good deodorant as well.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't think it will ever happen. (See my earlier post with Damien Cox's blog).

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I was actually halfway hoping for a Winnipeg Saskatchewan Grey Cup. Would bring new importance to the Banjo Bowl

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I agree with you, believe me. But if it were to happen I was just adding that Tim's would be the only company people might be ok with

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It was a truly sad, sad, season. But believe me I'm over it. I can handle missing the playoffs once every 34 years, just helps to remind me what the Roughriders go through just about every year :) They need to completely overhaul that front office, at the very least replace the coaching staff. They won despite Maciocia last year (anybody else remember Maas bring the team back from the dead umpteen times?), and lost because of him this year.

11. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

However, Maciocia not only didn't get fired, he added a second job to his duties.

BTW, check your PM.

12. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

Not a Canadian, but know some guys involved in the game and the business.

Big rumour up there is that a TV network has bought the league's television and sponsorship rights. (Sorry, I don't know which one.) The station will control the Grey Cup, and one way to recoup that figure is with Grey Cup sponsorship.

Draft saved Draft deleted