1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGATOUR.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by mookieblaylock, Nov 1, 2006.

1. If you like golf, this sounds good. Senior Editor gig with travel and TPC membership (but I hear it's just a limited membership). Not bad. The only catch is you have to actually work for the tour. The place is notoriously tight and political. Guessing there's not alot of objective reporting there and you bury more stories than you would like.

http://www.prohire.com/candidates/JobProfile.cfm?szOrderID=348293&szCandidateID=0&szWID=10455&szCID=47049

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It would be a great gig, except for the work and the burying of stories.

3. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

From the job description:
    "Manage through SportsLine (PGATOUR.COM's production partner) the overarching message being delivered on PGATOUR.COM and provide feedback" and "Support weekly TOUR objectives."
    Translated: Run the Ministry of Information.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If I wasn't already a millionare, I'd probably apply.

5. cityemployee

cityemployee New Member

Anyone know the timeline of when they're looking to make the hire??

6. don't know the time frame, but after talking to some people, beware they are looknig for this person to be the mouthpiece of the tour. apparently, they hated the last guy who was there. he wanted to practice opbjective journalism or something crazy like that. anyway, this job is now to work with communications people and get the message out there. never a bad word shall be said.

if you can live with that, they'll try to get things in place fairly quickly to get ready for the new season.

7. Anyone have an idea on pay?

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

By the way, that "last guy" was Joe Wojciechowski, Gene's brother.

And yes, for better or worse, you'll be pumping the tour and avoiding a lot of "bad" news. There's really nothing unethical about it, it's their website, they can deal with content however they want.

Just understand that going in.

9. Any idea where Joe's ending up?

10. Joe went back to ESPN. Doing NFL, as far as I know.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Tiger can do no wrong stories? Wow, I never get tired of those items (sarcastic font off).

12. Hooray4snail

Hooray4snail Active Member

Any movement on this position? The new season will be here before we know it.

Draft saved Draft deleted