1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Studio 60 thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Contrived... there was a word I was searching for when I made my post about why I didn't like this episode. Thanks broadway.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

McKinney's been with the show all season. I believe he's the sketch writer. Not sure how much he contributes to the rest of it.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If this show had been created by Johnny Noname instead of Aaron Sorkin, would anyone be watching?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Starring Matthew Perry, et al? Yes.

Starring unknowns? Probably not.

6. Skeptic Tank

Skeptic Tank Member

Yeah, this was pretty much the WW episode where they get lost in Indiana, and the good-natured yokels try to help them out despite being offended by their arrogance, but then there's the zany time zone mishap and Josh and Toby miss the plane, and then, ...

Still, it's better than pretty much anything else on TV right now.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ummm ... ever try watching The Wire?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes, one example obviously cancels out the "pretty much" in his statement.

Good call. :p

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

My feeling about The Wire is ... ahhh, I don't want to piss people off like they piss me off when they diss shows I like.

10. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

This show was good, but nothing beats that West Wing episode for laughs. Toby trying to order at the hick sandwich shop was hilarious, as was Josh hanging up on CJ just as she expounds on the charms of dry rub. Goodman was fine, but nothing in Studio 60 was as funny as the WW.

11. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Toby Ziegler. I work at the White House.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's ok shotty. CSI really does suck, but that doesn't make you a bad person. We still love you. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted