1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, here comes winter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Oct 12, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The moment my wife and her friends got to Pensacola for a long weekend, the temps dropped into the 70s.

The moment they leave Sunday morning, it'll be back in the 80s.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Uh .... Five get over excited?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Where I live, it's 73 degrees right now. I went surfing this morning. ;D

And in some places, they actually like snow: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4489137

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ha ha. I had the same exact thought. It's frickin Canada. Isn't always like a meat freezer there?

That said, temp has dropped quite a bit here in the last two days. In the high 50s right now, I think.

I don't want it be winter. :( Make it go away, BYH. Doesn't your buddy spnited have any pull?

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

He's Methuselah, not God. :eek:

6. Martin_Lane

Martin_Lane Member

We had a mere 22 inches of snow in Western New York Thursday/Friday. The power/heat are still out on more than 200,000 homes ... including mine. Temperature inside the house this morning was a crisp 51 degrees. The snow has about melted and some stores are open, but the tree-damage (the leaves hadn't even changed colors yet, and thus the trees collapsed under the weight of the wet snow) is spectacular.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hang in there, Martin. Hope they get your hydro and heat back on soon.

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

It's currently 77 degrees (just after midnight) here, and what has to be nearly 100 percent humidity. It's like walking through wet cotton out there.

9. Lt. Drebin

Lt. Drebin New Member

Drove home from work the other night.Left the city, it was 61 degrees. Got to the island, it was 48.

I hate the winter. And it isn't even here yet.

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Ick. Snow.

Good luck you Canucks and Buffalo peeps who are buried in. :(

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

People in Buffalo and surrounding area are Canadians, they just happen to live on the wrong side of the river. :)

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

65 and rainy here. Kinda sucks. But it'll be 85 tomorrow and Wednesday.

Draft saved Draft deleted