1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Studio 60 thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mohr wrote about stealing material in his book. His excuse (like that mentioned on the show) was that he didn't get his material on for a while and was scared for his job. IIRC, he was confronted with a videotape of the comic, played dumb and SNL paid the comedian off.

I don't understand how the guy gets to stay or that 14 writers can't come up with 90 seconds of original material.

I also didn't like that Christine Lahti contributed to the audience payment fund.

So far, we know nothing about Danny, other than the fact that he plays with his glasses a lot. I'm not even sure what he does on the show.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

he's lorne michaels. anyone really know what he does? ??? ??? ???

3. Skeptic Tank

Skeptic Tank Member

He had the line of the night, though.

Nice rack. Did Jordan tell you I was 15?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is that what he said? I though it was, "Nice rack. Does Jordan think we are 15?"

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

"By the way, nice rack. Tell Jordan I'm not 15."

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Another great line. For one-liners, this was the best episode so far.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's it. Thanks.
    Pair that with Matt's reaction, and it was a really well-done gag.

The one-liners were definitely the strong point of the episode.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

This confluence of like shows (but done differently) so reminds of Chicago Hope vs. ER in the beginning.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm guessing, since he sits by the monitor, that he is a producer (or exec producer) and has to time out the show to make sure everything is running the way it's supposed to, and if not, make cuts or extend.

Seems like he might be in charge of personnel as well.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The big producer is a lot like a head coach at a football game (the ones that don't call the plays, anyway). Stand around looking intense, be a cheerleader on the sideline, make sure everyone's kinda following the plan and if there's a big call to make, make it.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wouldn't he also play a role in lining up the guest host and musical acts?

12. Loved Steven Weber's only appearance via the phone: "What the hell's going on over there?"

Draft saved Draft deleted