1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goldsboro (N.C.) News-Argus sports reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by OrangeGrad, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Holy cow, I am in the group of people aching to know who is leaving. Last thing I heard Rudy was still there, and that was yesterday.
    I am rivited to see how this turns out, our coverage area overlaps with them at a couple of schools.
    I think they cover some ACC, but not as much as Rocky Mount or Wilson I think.

2. Lt. Drebin

Lt. Drebin New Member

Surrounding local papers in Kinston, New Bern and Greenville provide more ECU and ACC coverage from what I've seen. But still not a bad job for a recent grad who doesn't mind a rural preps job in the middle of nowhere.

3. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Still no word on who is leaving? Come on...

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Heard it was Gabe, going home to Shelby to be an ASE there... Sad to see him go.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Shelby already made an ASE hire? Crap, I was about to send my stuff in -- I interviewed for a writer job there five, six years ago and I think the SE is still in the same spot. Got family less than an hour away, so that would have been a nice enough job to have.

6. NC_Sports_Dude

NC_Sports_Dude New Member

Yes, Gabe is headed back home to Shelby as the ASE. Eastern NC will certainly miss him.

He is replacing Randy Capps, who is the new SE in Henderson.

From a competitor's standpoint, I can tell you that Goldsboro has a fine sports section. Rudy has done an excellent job and Gabe was a big part of that the last four years or so. They'll miss him.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Is Alan Ford still the SE in Shelby? He's been there for ages. He's good people.

8. NC_Sports_Dude

NC_Sports_Dude New Member

Yes...Alan is still in Shelby.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Question, since I've seen it in two newspapers now: What in heaven's name is an argus?

10. Kool-Aid

Kool-Aid Member

That's great. Gabe's a good guy and that's a nice step for him.
    And, no, I'm not Gabe ...

Draft saved Draft deleted