1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sept. 28-30 CFB thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 28, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Michigan State appears to be waking up from its blissful slumber.

2. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

Two observations after watching MSU-Illinois:

-- I REALLY hope someone records that radio show host's meltdown this week. He might start hacking through the studio door with an axe like it's "The Shining."

-- And I found it quite strange that MSU tried to rough up Illinois as it tried to plant the flag because a) didn't they do the same thing earlier this season? and b) if they had that much fire, y'know, when it actually counted, they wouldn't have the Illini planting a flag in their field in the first place.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe not. The LSU is down to 35-10 last in the third quarter, so suddenly, you're pick might turn out OK.

And so much for that Michigan State rally. The Spartans lose it 23-20 on a long field goal in the final seconds, and so now we can mention Illinois and Notre Dame in the same sentence -- they both went on the road and beat the Spartans.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Got a laugh out of that. The MSU-ND advertisments ALL showed the guy planting the flag at ND last year. Seems like turnabout is fair play.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Missouri's defense will be in trouble against scrambling quarterbacks, but will kick the crap out of pocket quarterbacks. A workmanlike victory, but still can't quite say Mizzou is for real yet. I can see why Colorado is 0-5, tho. Key drops and mistakes all over the place.

6. 5A

5A New Member

I'm diggin' those Florida unis.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Gotta love how schools that go old school end up looking better than their current unis. Georgia Tech looks awesome last Thursday in the white helmets and Pitt went retro last year and caused one helluva uproar because the fans and alumni liked the old look better.
    [​IMG]

8. Simon

Simon Active Member

My simple thought from the MU-CU game...Why didn't Hawkins use the best kicker in the nation instead of going for it on 4th down. He made warmup kicks at halftime from 52 easily clearing the bar by 10 yards or so.

They went for it in his range 3 or 4 times.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they left six points on the table from easy field-goal range. If they would have taken the points, they wouldn't have been in desperation mode at the end.

10. Simon

Simon Active Member

I think they left 9 and another when they were in Crosbys range...I think it was in the 55-60 yard fieldgoal range but the wind was at his back...not that he needs it.

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I'll get murdered for saying this by my friends on the beat, but JP Wilson is looking pretty darn good for the Tide. And, seriously, how can you not stop Tebow? He runs at left tackle on every play. He doesn't even change it up.

12. 5A

5A New Member

Alabama basketball team liked its throwback unis so much last season that the team decided to wear them the rest of the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted