1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New ads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lucas Wiseman, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Since I know someone will start this thread, I'll beat you guys to the punch... As I explained already, the new server costs a lot more and as a result I've had to go back to putting ads on the site. The ones that appeared for the first time today (at the very top and to the right) are here on a trial basis. Once I evaluate things I will decide whether they will stay or go. Thanks for understanding and if you have any feedback, feel free to send me a PM.

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

No problem with ads, other than the fact that I don't know if the person in the ad is Lindsay Lohan, Scarlett Johannson, or the other good looking woman whose name I can't remember.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm not sure getting pummeled by the champ is worth an iPod Shuffle.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Definitely keep the 'Whose grill is this?' ad.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sweet, if I rope the bull I get a free plasma TV!!!

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Are you a good flirt, boots?

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Outwash the blonde and get a free ringtone? That hardly seems worth the effort.

8. 5A

5A New Member

If Scarlett stays right where she is, I say keep the ad up forever.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Serious like.... are the adwords producing some revenue for the server fund, or do we have to concentrate on clicking more?
    How are the fundraising efforts?

10. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Things are going good so far and I think we will cover the server costs for October without any additional member donations needed. The ultimate goal is to not need member donations ever again and for me to even maybe make a few bucks off this thing.

There are some other things in the works and I'll give an update when I'm ready to announce them.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'll donate more money once the site, which now runs like I'm on goddamn dialup, loads the page. :D

12. 5A

5A New Member

Does it help matters if we click the ad from time to time?

Draft saved Draft deleted