1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantastic Michael Lewis piece

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kritter47, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/magazine/24football.html?ex=1159329600&en=bc4b4c2b8287cdef&ei=5087%0A

It may have as much to do with the story and characters as the writing, but 10 web pages never went so fast for me.

(And no, I'm not Michael Lewis. But I bet you all have figured that out by now).

2. Grohl

Grohl Guest

Agreed. SI has another excerpt from the same book in its most recent issue that is also excellent.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That guy sucks. I hate Moneyball. It's wrong. I've never read it but he never played the game at a Hall of Fame level and he was never part of The Big Red Machine like me so therefore he sucks and he is wrong. [/Joe Morgan]

4. My favorite part is where the kid picked up the mouthy DT and carried him to the bus.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I cannot wait to read the book. And I laughed out loud at the story about Oher and the bus.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That was a very good read. When is this book coming out and what is it about beyond Michael Oher?

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Anybody here ever read "Liars' Poker?" Fun book about Lewis' 80s' days as a trainee on Wall Street. Guess he never achieved Big Swinging Dick status, though.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Next week. (Oct. 2)

Could be in bookstores this weekend. Klosterman's was on the shelves a few days before the pub date.

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

It was on the shelf at my Borders today.

10. freaky styley

freaky styley Member

Just finished the excerpt from SI. Phenomenal.
    Talk about a taking what could be a dreadful topic
    and making it pop. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted