1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whitlock leaves page 2 for aol sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HoopsMcCann, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

not the reason this board was created or continues to exist.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you'ra laugh a fuckin' minute.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I have few complaints about what he does as a columnist.

To me, however, his monumental pomposity outweighs his talent (no pun intended). Sorry if the Whitlock lovers disagree. See, the last time I looked, I'm allowed to express opinions like that, whether I sign my real name to them or not.

4. doublej, serious question.... why do you take my pomposity serious? life is short. i'm just having fun.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Serious answer...the attitude just rubs me the wrong way.

The first time I saw you posting on here you were involved in a discussion with a female and you enraged her by asking her to call you "big daddy" or "big poppa" or something along those lines. She wasn't particularly amused and quite frankly neither was I. And I'm sure you know what they say about first impressions.

I will freely give you credit for being a very talented writer and columnist who's not afraid to tackle controversial subjects as well as a tireless self-promoter (that in itself is certainly not a bad thing). You may well be a wonderful and thoughtful human being but, in my humble opinion, the image you project here is not a pleasing one and actually borders on caricature. It threatens to detract from the qualities that have made you a success.

I'm sorry if you or anyone else disagrees with me but that's how I feel. And I thank you for taking the time to ask.

6. Dignan11

Dignan11 Member

Interest to KC readers? We are all global sports fans, right? One thing I do question is the sense of humor factor out here? I really have to agree that he has a good time with issues and sports. It just seems that too many folks on this board need to get a little bit of a tickle and readjust their fun meter. Jason writes with life. Most of you need to start living. Stop moaning like a bunch of poodles. Go bowl, work on your putting on your rug or watch an adult film.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are the voice of reason on this board dignan.

you're solid. hope you hang around.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

And bring us lots of fucking beers while you're here.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There is only one person around here that 21 will call "Big Daddy" and it's not Whitlock.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

???

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah. Webby takes offense when someone tries to hit on his wimmen.... ;)

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know, if you call Webby 'big daddy' he lets you post here for free. You guys may not all know that.

I love--LOVE--what whitlock has brought to sj...the melodrama and angst over some of his posts is the greatest barometer of the Dopey Factor on this site.

I laugh everytime he snips at posters for being anonymous...on an anonymous message board. The guy knows how to have fun, and he knows how to make people squawk....I admire a guy who can take an unpopular opinion and stand by it.

Page 2 is a wasteland. Good move by AOL.

Draft saved Draft deleted