1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Idiots Allowed Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm more often in the playoffs than not. I may not have been a commissioner before, but I've more than held my own. If anything I'm the A's. Consistently pretty good, but as soon as the playoffs come my team always folds.

2. It sounds linke you've got old wounds that you've allowed to FESTER

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

This has been a veery bad year for the Tubers. We've missed a couple of playoffs and ownership is not happy at all, especially after a couple of strong seasons with runner up finishes. the dropoff is unacceptable.

That is why we will take out our furstrations on the happless headbutts. Sorry, FHB, but someone must pay and you happen to be first on the schedule.

RUTS

4. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Done. Although I have no idea what either of you were thinking...

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There's no thinking in football.

6. Jesus_Christ

Jesus_Christ New Member

That's because Boom runs the football team

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You look familiar, was I at your bar mitzvah?

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The Hots have a new, loaded backfield. And with that, I'll refrain from further bad puns.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I think I may have the lowest point total for a winning team in the history of the NIAFL

Hi Headbutt! :D

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well fuck going to the baseball board for our banter, because my team is done.

Fucking Ramon Hernandez sits out most of the week with a bad vagina or something. I ditch him today and he hits two homers. Fucking A-Fraud gets sick in Balitmore AGAIN and I have him on my active roster the last two days anyway,

Not that I was going to win anyhow, despite my drastic SP advantage, I couldn't even sweep the pitching categories to give me a shot at stealing a win with a single win in the offensive categories.

I knew my team was not built to win a title, but I thought maybe I could have pulled off two upset wins in a row with a bye. Oh well. Fuck all'yall, guess who's got the highest scoring team this week in football? :D :D :D

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Oh, shut up you big baby.

No team in the history of fantasy baseball lost its entire starting lineup during the first week of the playoffs:

Schilling--out
    Clemens--out
    Griffey--out
    Chipper--out
    Beltre--out
    Mariano--out
    etc etc

On the other hand, for your MVP consideration, there's Jermaine Dye, who runs full speed into a fence, makes the catch, lays on the ground, but still comes back to hit a HR. So he's cool.

And fucking big dog who must get up every day at 4 am to pillage yahoo for all available starters, so no one is left when the normal people get up to do the same.

And we still have to play the fucker in football this week.

And probably hockey too.

Boom won't even return my phone calls today. But the important thing is that we're having fun, goddammit, right?!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bite it, 21. :D You could stay up all night and edge out Big Dog for the available riff raff of starters.

And yes, we are having fun. I think I now take NIAFL more seriously than anything but my long-time baseball and football money leagues. Wife asks me all the time, as I ponder my lineup, why I'm so into a league with no reward. And I say there is no amount of money that matches the reward of pounding a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met and some of whom you don't even know by first name, in the NIAFL.

Maybe in football. Bring it bitches!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted