1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Idiots Allowed Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When 21 is in a t shirt no one is looking at Mike Tyson

2. Boom_70

Buck - makes sense . I am so used to getting unbalanced trade offers from the rest of our comrades of the NIAFL that my perhaps my meter is tuned to much to side of "cynical".

I'll discuss it further with 21 when she returns . She is off at some kind of political rally with Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon. She would not tell me what it was about.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We're working on the Bull Durham sequel.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Game on tomorrow kiddies. Butthead's going down.

That's right. Going down! 8)

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the day when Boom and I tell our kids about the Evil Hots, and the fateful day we dropped Chipper Jones, Ken Griffey, Curt Schilling, and Mariano Rivera DURING THE PLAYOFFS, while our departed first round pick Derrek Lee hit a grand slam against us....

'Why does Mommy run out of the room crying every time you tell that story?' the little one will ask.

And Boom will pull that sweet little boy onto his lap, and say, 'Son, when a woman gives up Mariano Rivera for a guy named Victorino....' He pauses to choke back the tears, as the familiar wave of bitter queasiness comes and goes, and whispers, 'Well, some things are better left in the past.....'

6. Boom_70

And Boom will never tell him that his mother gave up Chin Ming Wang at begining of season.

He will tell him though of that his mother does have a brilliant baseball mind otherwise.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Spuds, your Tubers are about to get mashed. Wounded so badly that jumping in the great salty lake will feel soothing.

BTW, I'm in a predicament now. Sanchez throws a no-hitter last night and he has to do it during my bye week. Generally rookies throwing no-no's tend to go something like 4.2 ip and give up 64 runs in their next outings. Do I start him in my playoff game, or sit him out for his next start for fear he drags me down?

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How many rookies are you basing this on?

Buck, the Hots have made a counter trade offer.

As for the baseball legacy we pass down to our children--because the NIAFL must live on for generations to come--I just want the baby Booms to know that their mother dropped Wang to pick up Jermaine Dye.

9. Boom_70

Geez who would cut Dye?

10. NIAFL

NIAFL New Member

On behalf of the League, where is our new member Lugnuts?

Welcome Lugnuts. Are you ready for some footballllll??

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm here!!!! :D Feeling a little nauseous about taking the hammie-plagued Steve Smith in the first round, but I'm ready to go suckas!!!!!!!!

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I just hope they're Democra....um, I mean, Yankees fans.

Lugz, good luck, but not too much. It would be terrible if a rookie won the whole thing. 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted