1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor/page designer, Missoulian, Missoula, MT.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Cutthroats, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutthroats

Cutthroats New Member

Sports copy editor/page designer, Missoulian, Missoula, MT. The Missoulian, a 30,000-circulation, seven-day daily located in the heart of scenic western Montana, is seeking a creative, energetic, detail-oriented copy editor/page designer to join our award-winning sports staff. Duties include editing local and wire copy, designing the sports section front and inside pages, coordinating several feature pages and contributing occasional stories for the feature pages. Our emphasis is on the University of Montana and on the 30-plus high schools in western Montana. Applicants should have knowledge of Quark and Photoshop. Send a resume and clips to sports editor Bob Meseroll, PO Box 8029, Missoula, MT, 59807, or e-mail them to sportsdesk@missoulian.com.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I will be more than happy to answer all your questions about this one. Drop me a PM, although it won't be nearly as much fun now that Krysto is gone :'( :'( :'( :'(

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bob Meseroll is good people.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I completely agree.

And you'll get a chance to work the name Tinkle into headlines at your pleasure.

5. sportschick

And not just UM basketball ones either, this Tinkle is a big local stud.

[​IMG]

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wow, the resemblance to Wayne is, uh, scary.

7. sportschick

Four reporters, two designers/copy editors, the SE, two part-timers, and the trivia guy.

8. sportschick

Shameless bump so we're not left stranded at the start of football season.

9. samamico22

samamico22 Guest

Anyone know if this position is still available? I know some good candidates in the area.

10. Cash

Cash New Member

SC,

Do you have two openings -- one in news and one in sports -- or was the sports opening filled by a news designer?

11. Cutthroats

Cutthroats New Member

We have two openings, one news, one sports.
    Bob M

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bob marley ladies and gentlemen. bob marley.

sportsdesk@missoulian.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.