1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage Season Finale ... spoilers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Good stuff. Curious as to how long it takes Ari to get back with Vince and the boys ...

Ari had his usual collection of great lines - mostly involving Dana Gordon - but it seemed out of character that he would the standard 'brand' bullshit at the end. You could see it coming, but for a guy who has been a complete psycho since the show began, would he really pull that off?

One boring Sunday night before football starts, and then the Housewives are back.

2. Stupid

Stupid Member

does Curb Your Enthusiasm start next week?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

<Whitlock/> Worst. Episode. Ever. </Whitlock>
    Personally, I thought it was good. It was funny. It was frantic. I liked how Drama was the voice of reason. I was entertained.
    And I was glad that my cable didn't cut out because of the storms.

I think Curb starts January 2007.
    I know they are filming episodes now.

4. jayfarar,

you wish i was as predictable as entourage....

actually this was a really good episode... the recruiting pitches at the major agencies rings really true....that kind of industry insight is why the show used to be rock solid week after week.... it was an excellent episode... drama was quirky but not over the top and impossible to believe....

the only problem i had (and it was a small problem) was that i predicted at the beginning of the season that it would end with vince firing ari.... if the show stayed true to reality, ari would stay fired... kind of like stringer bell getting killed in the wire... but ari is far too important to this show to stay fired....

5. I think it fits. As Lloyd pointed out, all he needed to do was communicate one-on-one to Vinny that he worked his ass off to make a deal, it fell through, he was sorry and their career-long relationship will continue to endure. Instead, he wants to flaunt the bling, flaunt the influence, flaunt the power of this new agency...and ends up coming off like every other hack agent in town. Because that's what he's become.

6. Stupid

Stupid Member

Stayed true to reality? you mean if the show moved toward reality. don't quit your sports gig, young man. TV is not your cup of tea.

whoa! what will HBO show on Sunday nights? Is The Wire all that's lined up for fall?

7. The ads say HBO is going to start premiering Hollywood movies on Sunday nights until (presumably) Sopranos and such starts up again in January. I assume that means The Wire at 8 with the movie premiere at 9 (eastern).

Did anyone else think Ari would show Vince one of those "brand" deals and then say something Ari-like about how lame they are and Vince would keep him on? I guess I am just too used to everything on this show always coming with a happy ending.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Didn't I read somewhere recently that the final mini-season of The Sopranos will be *surprise, surprise* delayed?

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The tivo skipahead says Entourage repeats next Sunday (labor day weekend) with Sept. 10 showing Fantastic Four at 7 (CST) with the Wire following at 9.
    I wouldn't be shocked, with Piven's Emmy win, that HBO doesn't do some sort of spinoff and give Piven his own show. But Piven's history as a leading man doesn't really work. Am I the only one who remembers Cupid? (I still heart Paula Marshall.)
    Or maybe HBO flips the show and makes Ari the lead, and the boys the supporting cast. That would be cool.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

FYI: CYE, hasn't even started filming Season 6. But they're starting soon.
    Sopranos, delayed filiming because of Gandolfini's knee injury, so last 8 episodes start in March, not Jan.
    Entourage is supposed to do 8 starting in Jan. I will try to confirm that.

I liked the finale, I love these characters, that's what makes the show great, that and great acting.
    Congrats to Piven, who seems like the anti-Ari.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dude, pcu is awesome

12. rhetty1117

rhetty1117 New Member

I thought I read somewhere that Piven hasn't re-signed his contract. I can't find it right now, but that could explain him getting fired.

Draft saved Draft deleted