1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nationwide Tour Greater Medinah Open Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Is it just me or is it ridiculous for golfers to hitting like this in a major.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Utter embarrassment.

I've never seen something so pathetic in watching major golf for 22 years.

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

I like it. These guys are playing well on a semi-tough course. It's not like Memphis, where the course is set up for the winner to reach 25-under.

The heavy rains last night have allowed these guys to fire at the flags.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

STICK TO THE FUCKING TOPIC OR STFU. Take the pissing wars and insults somewhere else. I've locked one and I'll lock another and another if they degenerate. I'm not the only one tired of the bullshit.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

He is playing at Peoria Muni, after the rain.

Actually, I think that his performance today is not as good as it was the first two days, relative to everyone else.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Damn Weir is 8 under heading into 18

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Let's see... you've got zero wind and defenseless greens that are nice and cushy after the recent rains. And speaking of those greens, what's getting left by the wayside is that Medinah's greens are relatively flat, meaning it should surprise none of you that these guys are rolling in 20- and 30-footers like tap-ins.

I've never seen a tournament with so many players sinking so many bombs.

No arguing with this leaderboard, however... As I type this, Woods leads Donald by one, Weir by two and Garcia, Micheel and Ogilvy by three. Hovering on the periphery are the likes of DiMarco, Mickelson and David Toms.

There's nothing overtly wrong with this. It's not the Bob Hope; 30-under isn't going to win this. I'd rather see this display of golf than the abortion we saw at Shinnecock Hills two years ago, when players like Ernie Els couldn't hold a wedge from 80 yards because the USGA got full of itself after Furyk's 8-under outing at Olympia Fields in '03.

Typically, the PGA gets things right much more often than they don't, as anyone who has covered one will attest.

Oh BTW, Messr Woods -- who is hitting fairways this week -- is 36 of 39 when leading events after 54 holes. He's 15 for his last 19 and 11 for 11 when leading majors after 54.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Just bet on the winner. Other guy's got Woods, I've got the field. C'mon, not Tiger.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Rich Beem for making the cut. Hearty F-U to Vijay for missing the cut. It's not showing in the scores but Beem has been playing much better golf this year.

10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

That is a robust leaderboard. Tomorrow should be a lot of fun.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Would rather see this, than see the garbage of the US Opens at Shinnecock, and the British at Carnoustie.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I really hope a post got deleted somewhere. Otherwise Moddy needs to up the dosage. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted