1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Brown's yard debris spat

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/15290920.htm (via The Obscure Store)

The grass apparently is not greener on the other side of the fence for retired Major League Baseball pitcher Kevin Brown, who reportedly pulled out a pistol in a dispute with a neighbor over yard debris.

Bibb County sheriff's deputies were called to settle a tussle about tossed turf Monday between Brown and Michael Haws.

"It was kind of an awkward evening," Haws told The Telegraph on the phone Wednesday night. "Luckily nobody got arrested and nobody got shot."

Haws said he called the sheriff's office after a loud argument that began when he found Brown throwing grass clippings over the fence into Haws' yard on Breighton Court, which backs up to Brown's multimillion-dollar estate on Brown's Ridge.

When Haws confronted Brown, the two men argued and Brown pulled out a gun and told Haws he'd better not come onto Brown's property, the report stated.
    As deputies concluded the report, they stated that Brown resolved to "put up a taller fence."

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie.

Now go into the man's house and take a baseball bat to his toilet.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm shocked!!!

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Boy, that's a poorly written story. Read further down and you realize it was Haws who was throwing the clippings into Brown's property. Instead of trying to be cute like calling the police "khaki-uniformed umpires" maybe the writer should have gone for some basic clarity.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Still, I can imagine Kevin Brown getting into an argument with yard debris.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is that window in the shape of the shocker in your photo, Idaho?

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I'm amazed at this story. Kevin Brown is such a nice, even-tempered, all-around good guy....that mercenary son-of-a-bitch would go pitch for the al-Quaeda team if they offered him $1 year more than his current salary.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Hey. He squeezed all the money out he could so he wouldn't have to live next to guys like this.

I also loved the fact the guy dumped his clippings on Brown's property. You know at one point during the dump he said, "I'll show you major league." You know he did.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I imagine if Kevin Brown was taking aim at me with anything, I'd find a home plate to stand on top of.

Then I'd be safe.

(I know he was quite good for a while ... just can't think of any other joke here.)

11. Turfburger

Turfburger Member

Throwing yard clippings? Wasn't that what got Mike Ditka and Robert Duval into a lather?

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

And Robert Frost smirks somewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted