1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Koren Robinson. Moron.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Aug 16, 2006.

1. North61

North61 Member

What do ya want, Rosie?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They hadthat once.... how quickly one forgets Les Steckel

3. North61

North61 Member

Fair weather Vikes fans. One preseason game, does decent and the fans think he's the next Herschel Walker.

If he finds a way to start this year through a Johnson injury and sucks - they'll turn on him pretty quick.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Lienie's Sunset Wheat. If that's not available, Leine's Honey Weiss.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Who.....who is this Les Steckel to whom you refer? I'm not going to have 3-13 flashbacks from 1984, I'm not going to have 3-13 flashbacks from 1984........

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I just miss seeing some pretty solid Bud Grant-led teams. When I finally got old enough to follow, their trips to the Super Bowl had passed but they were always a tough team to beat.

And if the Vikes don't want Tarvaris Jackson, send him to Charlotte. Goodness knows he would be a bigger shot in the arm than Chris Weinke if Jake Delhomme ever got knocked out of a game.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Oh no, I think the Vikings will keep Tarvaris Jackson!

They need someone to fill in when Brad Johnson is done.

8. Sam Mills 51

I would. Kid showed a great command of things ... preseason or no. Sometimes, a player has it and can demonstrate that ability in a hurry. I liked what I saw in Jackson ... shoot, Daunte didn't look half as good his first times out in a purple jersey.

It could be a perfect situation for him. He's not ready yet, but Brad Johnson - if properly protected - should be good for another couple of years. By then, Jackson will probably have a good grip on Childress' short-throw, pass-all-the-time scheme. He could do a half-decent McNabb impression.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'd like to see Jackson do well. I covered him for a while, got to know him pretty well. Good kid. And a hell of an athlete. I was just wondering what prompted the change in the fans. Quite a few certainly seemed to be upset when he was drafted that high.

10. Sam Mills 51

I noticed the same thing, Dog. Apparently, because Jackson was a SWAC QB that didn't have the surname of McNair, people obviously thought he could have been had a few rounds later. While it's only a preseason appearance, it seems that Minnesota got him right where it should have.

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

This was more like Robinson's fourth chance already. The Seahawks put up with his shit forever before unloading his sloppy, drunk ass. And let's be clear -- it takes a lot for Seattle (the team that still tolerates Jerramy Stevens) to run somebody outta town, especially a first-round draft pick at a position where they were terribly thin. Robinson needs a year away from football to sort shit out and we'll see him in some camp this time next year.

12. Lt. Drebin

Lt. Drebin New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong (yea right), but the league doesn't suspend players for alcohol, do they?

Unless Robinson is facing illegal drug charges, he won't qualify for the year-long suspension (but give him some time).

Come on Sam. Are you that down on Weinke? I don't want to see him have to lead the Cats for several weeks running, but I have every confidence he can fill in adequately in spots.

Draft saved Draft deleted