1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JonBenet Ramsay killer confesses?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Not that I do it -- because I don't -- but there are thousands of kids in these beauty pageants. I don't know if that would make her well known. my daughter turns 6 in a couple of months. She'll be in kindergarten this year so I suppose JonBenet would be a first grader or a kindergartner at the time.

I really do want to know how this guy knew the Ramsey family, though. They lived in Georgia, too, so I'm quite curious about what the connection is.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If the father doesn't know him maybe he was a friend of the mother.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Or neighbor in Georgia. Or the older brother's former teacher. Or perv who helps judge kiddie pagaents. Or attended the same church. Or had a daughter who played with JonBenet.

I feel safe in saying it's not just a random stranger. The connection to the family is the big question right now.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The latest, via cnn.com. Dude is now identified.

5. Mutah

Mutah Member

CBS reported he's been under scrutiny for a while -- Patsy was told of him before she died.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Starman justice would be quite justified for him if it pans out that way.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Good timing by the band The Jonbenet, which released its debut CD a week ago:

http://www.myspace.com/thejonbenet

8. Flash

Flash Guest

My question is why? Not two months after she dies, the guy gets found in Thailand and squawks like a parrot. Why now? The timing is just so very odd ...

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That depends ... what did Ms. Grace say about the Ramseys before? The tragedy harpies may be backpedaling furiously.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, please, have those types of people ever backpedaled from anything?

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'm not so sure that it is. If I were writing this as a novel, I'd suggest this:

The suspect was waiting for her to die before confessing.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

After watching, reading and thinking for a day, I'm calling Mr. Karr a perv, but not JonBenet's killer. I just do not buy it.

I think he wants the attention and is confessing in order to get it. He may have been obsessed with JonBenet, but I don't believe he killed her.

Just my $.02

Draft saved Draft deleted