1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me 8/15 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 15, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

They won't be opening with a funeral, out. The scenes from next week indicated that they were at least working on both Tommy's brother and the chief. I'm guessing one of them dies, but it won't happen right away.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I missed the scenes from next week. Thanks.

3. Mutah

Mutah Member

If I had to guess, I think Jack McGee (Jerry) is a goner, but Dean Winters (Johnny) will still be around. Too much good territory with the brother yet, unlike the chief. In his case, they've already done the gambling addiction, sick wife, money problems, and there doesn't seen to be anywhere left to go with him. Jerry dies, they get a new chief (maybe Adam Ferrara, another Leary friend who was chief of the house that Probie was supposed to go to) or maybe Lou gets promoted and stays. Franco, of course, passes the lieutenants exam and is the truck's new Lou. (though, it seems unlikely he gets bumped up), IMO.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

There was a reference after the episode to being able to watch the first couple minutes of next week's episode online but I haven't been able to find it on the fx site.

Has anybody been able to find it?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was part of what I meant by one or both of these guys dying helping keep the group together, the idea of Lou replacing the chief.

6. Mutah

Mutah Member

Wouldn't count on seeing it. After the first 6-7 weeks, they became pretty lax on posting it until the weekend. When it does show up, it'll be in the videos section. They just put "Twilight" up on Monday, which was Tuesday's episode.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Namath Gavin
    Roman Gavin
    Gabriel Gavin

That was great because it's something that's quite realistic. haha. I love Dean Winters (Johnny).

I hope he doesn't die.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Hilarious start to the episode. I look forward to this show as much as any on TV right now.

Having said that, I'm not sure I've liked the illegal-Jamaican-nurse arc, because (a) I have trouble with her liking Chief as much as she does, and (b) I cannot seriously imagine her leaving him for dead like that, even if threatened with the prospect of being discovered.

Feel bad for Chief. He's had more disposable three-episode arcs this season. His wife has Alzheimers, then she's gone. He has an affair, then she's abruptly gone. He's a bartender, then that's gone. He's Mr. Short Attention Span for this season. Hoping they can revive him in time to get him to join the circus, pick up rabies and undergo gender reassignment surgery before the season ends.

Aside from that, great episode. I think Johnny's dead. No way to cleanly resolve the Johnny-Tommy-baby triangle if both dads are in the picture. Great dynamic between the two brothers, so I"ll miss that.

Both dead? Last year, they killed a kid, so ballsy as the show is, nothing surprises me anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted