1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perhaps the greatest episode in TV history: WKRP's Thanksgiving Turkey Drop

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 15, 2006.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ugh...I treat the "new" WKRP like Caddyshack II....pretend they never existed.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Seven bucks a ticket ... to see Scum of the Earth. Can you imagine paying that much for a concert ticket?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"A record? Well, not in this country.

"It was nothing! Just a small misunderstanding between me and 2 or 300 Mexican cops!"

4. puckupdate

puckupdate New Member

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

To this day, I still use the Nessman pronunciation for Chi Chi.

And how about the episode on payola where if I recall correctly, they were slipping cocaine packets in the record sleeves, and somehow Arthur Carlson gets a hold of one, they tell him it's foot powder, and finally when the truth comes out that he's put a little cocacola on his toosies, he freaks and starts beating his feet with shoes. Fall on the floor funny.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

"BOOGER!!!!!"

Great, great show...

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"I'VE GOT A MONKEY ON MY FOOT!"

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Murray Slaughter of Onslaught Records was the greatest music executive of our time. Fuck David Geffen.

Too many great episodes to count but I loved the one where Johnny did the remote from Del's Stereo and Sound.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

If it ever airs on TV Land or another cable network, I am DVD recording every one.
    MTM was in a groove in the late 70s, early 80s, WKRP, White Shadow, Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, Newhart, they couldn't have put out a bad series if they tried.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, the VHS release and the syndicated re-runs all have dubbed over music ... it sucks. Nothing like the originals.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Johnny, hearing all the sirens: It's the phone company. They know what I did here today.

Venus: What are you talking about?

Johnny: They're coming to get me, man!

Venus: That's paranoia, man!

Johnny: Wake up, sucker, this is the phone company we're talking about! They see everything, they know everything, they got their own covert police force! I'm probably wired for sound right now! I gotta get out of here!

Venus: Johnny!

Johnny: Don't use my name!!

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

"N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestles makes the very best ... choooooccc-littttttt." Bailey has never looked hotter than when she was supposed to be stoned.

Draft saved Draft deleted