1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep writer wanted in Georgia

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ogre, Aug 14, 2006.

1. ogre

ogre Member

From Journalismjobs.com

Company: LaGrange Daily News
    Position: Sports Writer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $25,000 to $30,000
    Ad Expires: September 18, 2006
    Job ID: 159368

Description:
    LaGrange Daily News, a community-focused General Excellence award-winning 7-day paper, 11k, seeks talented writer with passion for prep sports for two-person sports department. Write gamers, features, columns; opportunities to build layout, design and pagination skills, working with talented sports editor. LaGrange is a great sports town with strong tradition, powerhouse teams and fabulous recreation facilities. Local college is starting football this fall. Competitive salary and benefits. LaGrange is a progressive city of 30,000 located an hour south of Atlanta on beautiful West Point Lake. Send resume and clips to editor@lagrangenews.com

2. Furry Tractor

Furry Tractor Member

First time I've ever seen the words "beautiful" and "LaGrange" in the same sentence

3. Wasn't there an opening here not too long ago?

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

That's a pretty damn good salary for circ and size of dept.

5. brownsugar

brownsugar New Member

This paper posted this job in late May, early June. I guess they either had trouble finding applicants or they weren't satisfied with the one's who did apply. Second time's a charm. Right?

6. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

this is the same opening posted earlier. from what I understand, they've contacted a few canidates for the position already but are obviously looking for a few others perhaps.

Draft saved Draft deleted