1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damn digital recorders..

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by doubledown68, Aug 5, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I thought I'd join Generation Now after my tape recorder crapped out. Digital recorder for me, baby!

But... it won't work in weather under 40 degrees. And while it's far from 40 right now, the current issue is pissing me off. For some reason, it plays back my interviews at warp-warp speed.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? Anybody have a suggested solution? Anybody wanna buy a shitty recorder?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There should be a setting on it for playback speed....
    Get to a menu screen and look for a setting.
    What kind of record is it?

Maintain, big fella... we're here to help

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Expose a couple of wires inside an electrical cord and connect them to the recorder.

4. doubledown68

it's an RCA.. I don't see a setting for playback speed, just the recording quality.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Take your RCA recorder back to the store, or use it as a backup only. RCA makes some of the worst (and least user-friendly) digital recorders around.

Then, go spend some scratch on an Olympus. Even an entry-level model is pretty easy to use and gives you just about everything you need. I haven't had any problems with mine.

6. doubledown68

Nooow you tell me RCA sucks. ;)

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gotta ask first.. geez, there were two digital recorder threads within a week of each other about two weeks ago...
    I have a panasonic rr-360 and has worked fine.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Same here...ugh. I suppose that's what you get for shopping Wal-Mart. ::)

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Sorry about your RCA choice. I second the emotions regarding the Olympus digitals.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Had an Olympus for a little over a year. I wanted one that had a USB port and one night saw an RCA in Wal-Mart. Not a smart move. I can dump the audio through my computer and fool around with the equalizer but I really don't have time to do it. I'm basically back to my Olympus for anything I don't want to keep (which is hardly anything anyway of course).

Yeah, I'm a little ticked.

11. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

I've had a Sony for about four years that has never let me down, though I'm considering moving up to the Olympus that I can download to my laptop.

Question: Will the Olympus work on Mac and PC?

12. markvid

markvid Guest

I DO NOT

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted