1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep Football Preview

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dignan11, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Dignan11

Dignan11 Member

Another year, another opportunity to try to come up with an original prep football preview idea. Does anybody have the link to last year's discussion? Also, is it more difficult to use a theme when the preview is stretched out over a two-week period?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Two weeks?

You don't do a tab?

3. Dignan11

Dignan11 Member

We don't do a tab, which makes it a little more difficult in my opinion. Still, we make note of the different pieces of the preview in each part of the series. It's difficult not to be generic, though.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i've always been a fan of the football theme, but that's just me

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'd mainstream it, work in as many minority people as possible. Be sure to include their photos.
    Make sure you send in those issues for the All-American contest.
    Seriously...
    I'm assuming that you have more than just a handful of schools in your coverage area. So I'd do a preseason top 10 and countdown from it or pick the best player at each position and write a feature and then do capsules or a list of other top players at that position.
    Coach with the most career wins is another easy option. And also do something on all the coaches with a 700 winning percentage or better.
    I wouldn't do a theme, but that's just me.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted