1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary or George

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Aug 4, 2006.

?

Which person is/would be more divisive as president

Poll closed Aug 11, 2006.
  1. Hillary Clinton

29.8%
  2. George W. Bush

35.1%
  3. Both the same

35.1%
  1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

George W. Bush or George Costanza? I'll take Costanza.

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I call bullshit on the notion people resist Hillary because she's an intelligent woman.

It's because a lot of people deeply dislike her, don't trust her, and don't sense that she stands for anything but herself.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

What scares me is that there are people who believe this doesn't apply to every politician without exception, as if Hillary is somehow unusual in this regard. I mean, come on.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Like the inventor of the Internet, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton invented being selfish, power-hungry and grating on other people's nerves.

5. Turnbull AC's

Turnbull AC's Member

Exactly. This is a stupid question to ask. Bush is clearly an idiot who has set this country back many years because of his numerable mistakes and poor choices. You guys don't like Clinton only because she's an abrasive, opinionated woman. I have no faith in my fellow American citizens.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Invented?

You can't possibly be serious.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That was Sarcasm Light Oblique font, JR.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, he's not, JR.

EDIT: Football_Bat beat me to it.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

JR, it was most definitely sarcasm. Nor do I believe Gore really invented the Internet (or claimed he did so).

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope she doesn't run. There is no way Hillary can get elected...there are polls right now that show Hillary-McCain running dead even in Massachusetts. In Massachusetts -- a state that's hard core Democrat! The Democrats need to nominate someone who can hold on to the base and pick up some swing states. There are just too many people who hate Hillary...rank and file Republicans hate her just as much as rank and file Democrats hate W. Even if by some miracle, she would win, it would be impossible for her to do anything without the Republicans and Fox News and all the knuckle-draggers going nuts. I really hope both parties pick people from the middle, who can start to get America over all this partisian b.s. and this red state/blue state crap.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rank and file Republicans don't vote for Democrats. The Dems could put George Washington up there and the Republicans would vote for Charles Manson if he were on the Republican ticket.

Democrats, on the other hand, will pick and choose.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Got a link to back that up?

Draft saved Draft deleted