1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "effin' stud"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PEteacher, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Though this is a writer heavy board, does effin stud apply at all to deskers doing edit and design, many of whom will be hiring the next wave of effin studs?

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Those people are called "wordsmiths" and "gurus." [/designdolt]

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Loopy and Albom early in their careers.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I definitely do not think this is a writer heavy board... I think the majority of the people here are deskers.

I don't remember if I originated the "fucking stud" term. If I did, I sincerely apologize since anybody on this board who has reached a great deal of success before his 30th birthday is usually doomed to be trashed by the masses on this board.

5. ATLHawksComeback

ATLHawksComeback New Member

I think the most studly characteristic of an effin stud is the genuine respect of his peers.

6. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Another comical thread ... considering Mizzou has been 100% correct in his assessment of young talent.

I mean, shit, when people on this board are sending him writing samples and asking what he thinks, and then mocking him on this thread ... wtf is that?

The guy knows his shit.

7. slim72

slim72 Member

All the studs are dead.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Well, give Barbaro another couple weeks...then your statement will be correct.

Draft saved Draft deleted