1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name your 2007 NFL playoff teams

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jul 15, 2006.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Ugh. Man, I thought Lawton was a hell-hole.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Man, that's my hometown you're talking about. Don't make me get gangsta on you.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I am equal parts surprised and mystified about those picking Green Bay to win the NFC North. I'm a fanboy, and I don't see it at all.

Sadly, I think the goddamn Bears actually have something they can sustain for a while, unlike their oasis-in-the-desert-like playoff appearances in '94 and '01.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Those people must like their helmets or something. Same with those picking Minnesota. Brad Johnson is their starting QB. The Vikings aren't winning anything.

5. Whitlock knows what's up:

6. But I don't like the Cowboys as much as I like the Washington Redskins, my pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Washington made one mistake this offseason, letting LaVar Arrington escape to a team within the division. Other than that, you have to love what the Skins did.

New offensive coordinator Al Saunders is a bit of a glory hound. He campaigned for the Kansas City head coaching job by gassing up members of the media. But make no mistake, the guy knows how to call plays. He has a terrific imagination, and he has a major chip on his shoulder because he's out to prove he deserves another shot at being a head coach.

The Redskins added two receivers -- Brandon Lloyd and Antwaan Randle El -- during the offseason to play with Santana Moss. Wow. Clinton Portis in the backfield, a trio of talented receivers, H-back Chris Cooley and Saunders calling plays. QB Mark Brunell can't screw that up.

And, of course, the Skins play outstanding defense, even without Arrington.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I agree that Washington is much improved. I still think they're thin at QB, but Brunell did OK last year, with the exception of the game when the Giants stomped Washington into the ground.

Carolina is winning the NFC, though.

7. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

NFC division winners: Washington, Chicago, Carolina, Seattle
    Wild cards: Dallas, Tampa

AFC division winners: Jax, NE, Denver, Pittsburgh
    Wild cards: Cincy, KC (yes, Indy finally BOTTOMS out)

Super Bowl: Carolina over Denver

How many votes against Dallas are actually votes against TO?

8. Turnbull AC's

Turnbull AC's Member

AFC
    East: New England

Divisional: New England over ???

AFC Championship: New England over ???

Super Bowl: New England over ???

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Why don't we all concentrate on predictions for the 2006 NFL season before worrying about '07?

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Because the playoffs don't start until Jan. 2007, but thanks for playing.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

But it will still be considered the 2006 season. The postseason contested in January 2006 are referred to as the "2005 NFL playoffs."

I was just making a typo joke. Lighten up.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just wanted to bump this thread back to the top so it doesn't get lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted