1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idea

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hplove, Jul 14, 2006.

1. hplove

hplove New Member

I wrote earlier about being new with sports writing and asking for advice. A few people who responded to my post wanted something to change when people like me post things like I did. What about if when someone signs up for sportsjournalists.com they get a newsletter kind of thing with frequently asked questions that new writers ask? No real need to respond, this is just an idea.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

3. hplove

hplove New Member

no need to be hostile.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Gomer, fetch me a beer.

And while you're up, fetch one for my friend hplove.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Actually, it wasn't intended to be hostile. But you've proved me right on the sensitive comment.

And Cadet, I await the day 100 posts from now (or another six months at my rate) when I can tell you to take your beer and shove it. I drink rum.

In the meantime, here you go:

[​IMG]

6. hplove

hplove New Member

Take my beer and shove it? Yes, at times I can be sensitive.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Then add this to your list of advice for surviving in the sports world: Don't be sensitive. Either ignore the things that hurt you, or fling it back, but don't ever take it personally. They'll eat you alive.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Gomer, the newbie as he may be, wasn't being hostile with you. He was just telling it like it is.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think everyone except hplove can see it wasn't hostile.

10. hplove

hplove New Member

thanks for the advice. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant it more in a sarcastic tone, but I guess that's a part of journalism I need to learn how to convey. Well, hopefully, if someone tries to eat me alive, I don't taste very good.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

maybe we can invent a sarcasm font here.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

ba dump, chhhhhh. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted