1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Dead Man's Chest"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jul 9, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Biggest opening weekend box office ever ... $132 mill!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060710/film_nm/leisure_boxoffice_dc_4

Saw this last night because the girl friend is a huge Depp fan (I don't get the fascination) and she was willing to shell out the $20 for two tickets (I got away cheap, $13 for popcorn and soda)

2½ hours of mildly entertaining nonsense ... could easily have lost about ½-hour and been just as mediocre.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Was she friends with Blackbeard?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Hey, it's not my favorite movie of all-time.

Usually when I'm at movies, I check my watch at least 10 times. I only had to urge to do it like three times here -- and I didn't.

It moved along at a steady enough clip, unlike DaVinci Code.

4. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Member

I enjoyed it, though not nearly as much as the first installment. Not enough of Captain Jack Sparrow for my taste. I think Depp is tremendous in general, so I would have liked to see more of his character, particularly after how good he was in the first one. But I'd recommend it if you saw and liked Curse of the Black Pearl.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Phew. I thought this was going to be a photo of spnited offing himself. :D ;D ;D :D <--------fucking goddamn dickhead would get his ass kicked in Toronto if he went!!!

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I can take a side trip any time and find you and kick your ass...dickhead.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

While bitter-young William Turner argues with his father, Bottomfeeder Bill, over who can get their ass kicked on the Flying Dutchman first....

I saw it yesterday and thought it was, ehhh.
    Nothing special, nothing stunning (other than Knightly)... I wanted to see the new MFIC get his ass kicked quickly, but that will wait for part three.
    Throughly average. The way Knightly and Depp spared, it was like watching Harrison Ford play with Carrie Fisher in Star Wars ... and I saw that 30 years ago...

8. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I'll be seeing it. Some "mildly entertaining nonsense" is healthy every now and then.  ;D

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Spnited to BYH: "You want a piece of me? You got it!!"

[​IMG]

:D  ;D  ;D  :D

Bring it on old man

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Holy shit, dickhead, you're older than me!

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

totally agree tony...

12. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

My problem, though, is this --- Riff-raff who can't shut the hell up, turn their cellphones off, and take their babies out in the hallway.

I don't go to the theater much anymore just because of that. But there's certain movies that just have to be seen in the theater.

Draft saved Draft deleted