1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's David Hasselhoff report

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 6, 2006.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Now I really want a "Don't Hassel the Hoff" shirt

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So what happened to the Hoff at the hotel that injured his tendon?
    Was the Hoff jumping through plate glass windows?
    Was it like that scene from 'Sharky's Machine'?

3. Varla

Varla Member

An equally entertaining answer:

LONDON, England (AP) -- Former "Baywatch" star David Hasselhoff had surgery after severing a tendon in his right arm in an accident in a London gym bathroom, his spokeswoman said Friday.

The 53-year-old actor, who played lifeguard Mitch Buchannon on the TV beach drama for 11 years, was shaving at a gym in the Sanderson Hotel on Thursday when he hit his head on a chandelier, showering his arm with broken glass, his publicist, Judy Katz, said.

Doctors operated to repair the injury and Hasselhoff spent one night at St. Thomas' Hospital in central London, Katz said.

"He's fine," Katz said by phone from New York. "He's out of the hospital and will resume filming tomorrow."

Hasselhoff is working on an ad campaign for Pipex, a British internet company, she said.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Crap, I'd take William Daniels' dry sense of humor. He was the star of "Knight Rider," not Hasselhoff.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. His publicist couldn't make up a better excuse than that?
    How do you hit your head on a chandelier while shaving?
    I realize the guy's tall, but he's not that tall.
    Was it the world's lowest hanging chandelier, or was he jumping on a trampoline while shaving?

6. Varla

Varla Member

But Buck, it wasn't just any chandelier. It was the chandelier of a gym bathroom! ;D

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's Steaming Drunk.. .In England

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

He was also the second-biggest star of "Boy Meets World." Behind Danielle Fisher, circa 1996-2000, of course.

[​IMG]

Go Bears go!!!  :D  ;D  :eek:

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yowza. When is that picture from?

And it's Fishel...:p

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Don't worry. I'm wondering about that, too.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Geek alert:

If gingerbread's friend is married to Michael Knight, the soap star, then his professional name is Michael E. Knight. He plays(ed?) Tad on All My Children.

There apparently was another Michael Knight, which meant he had to take on the E. to join the guild. Or something.

SHUT UP MY MOM WATCHES ALL MY CHILDREN!!!

12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

IJAG,
    That's indeed her husband. Actually, he's another ex ... or soon-to-be ex. Last I heard they were getting separated. But many bottles of red were consumed that night, and by the end of the evening she was going home to him. The real Michael Knight, not the guy who played him.

Draft saved Draft deleted