1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter Gammons update?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Diddly Poo, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Diddly Poo

Diddly Poo Guest

Anything new I may have missed recently on his condition? Talk about one of life's wakeup calls ...

2. jaredk

jaredk Member

Y'know I enjoy almost everything about this board, except for two things, really: 1) personal slurs, and 2) daddy lectures telling me when I can speak, what I can say, and how I should say it.

I'm not sure what Plan means by being glad that Peter is "being left alone." I know no one who has tried, or even has a Plan, to burst into Peter's hospital room and demand an accounting of his week. Nor did I know anyone who has positited that riding a motorcycle into a car is often the cause of brain aneurysms suffered by Hall of Fame baseball writers. I just wanted to say of one of our venerable and esteemed friends that he is in my prayers.

3. The_Plan

The_Plan Member

Mr. Gammons is in my thoughts and prayers as well. It was more of a "practice what you preach" type of thing to the person who started this thread. See his criticism of another thread.

Sorry if I upset you, and I mean that.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Who the fuck are you, The Plan? Aside from the clubhouse leader for biggest newbie prick?

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Plan, just because you don't care doesn't mean we shouldn't.
    There might be people from the Globe or ESPN passing through here who might be able to give us news we've not heard, good or bad.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You can take it back. You can delete your own posts.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I think No. 2, jaredk, is the worst by far. And, frankly, it is a slur.

The arrogance that generates it would be funny, if it weren't so stupefyingly angering to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted