1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to get rid of Joe Buck?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jun 24, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

He keeps trying to make an issue of Schilling being a former Phillie and he keeps making a fool of himself.

In one inning, he has:
    Referred to the Phils taking the lead "against their former teammate." Uh, how many current Phils played with Schilling, who was traded in 2000? 3 or 4 maybe?
    Then he refers to Myers as "Schilling's friend and former teammate." No, they never played together.
    Then he decides, "Myers looked up to Schilling all the whole time he was coming up through the Phils organization."
    Well Myers was drafted in June of 1999, Schill was traded a year late.

Nothing like hyping as fucking story that just doesn't exist...assclown

2. pittsburgie

pittsburgie Member

what a slamma-lamma-ding-dong assclown

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Everytime I start to get annoyed at Buck, McCarver's voice jolts me back to an even greater state of annoyance. Is it just me or does Sal Fasano look like he belongs in a Nintendo game?

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Coming from the only fool who went to school in Missouri and didn't like Joe Buck....Thank you.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The fact that Sal Fasano is on any major-league roster is worth a 30-inch feature.That guy sucked when he was with the Royals in the mid-to-late 90's. And I can't believe that his fat ass has trimmed down any over the years.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

He's hitting .254 for the Phillies this season. Obviously, not Johnny Bench numbers, but still not terrible for a backup catcher.

Besides, I get a kick out of seeing "Sal's Pals" on TV.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Fasano did a baseball camp in KC when I was umpiring. He had a $90k Mercedes, and the license plate said something simple like "Sal." Maybe it was so he could remember which car was his.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Buck does that in football, too, spnited. He hypes the wrong angles. But I tended to give him a pass there because I know it's not his No. 1 sport. But this is ridiculous.

As for McCarver, Hernandez was telling a story on SNY the other day about how one of Davey Johnson's coaches would watch the broadcasts back in the mid-'80s and then tell Davey when McCarver was ripping the Mets. So Gary Cohen said, 'Remember when Tim would always say about Darryl Strawberry, 'He's playin' too deep.'"

Good times.

9. boots

boots New Member

Let's call this as it is. Joe Buck WOULD NOT  be where where he is if it weren't for his Daddy. And he ain't his daddy.
    Young Buck obviously doesn't do his homework.

10. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I finally gave up and changed the channel when they started talking about Scrabble.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Is it me or does Joe's voice always have the tone of "I'm cooler than you, I'm funnier than you, I know more about baseball than you'll ever know if you live to 100"?

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Thank you. Someone needed to say it.

Same goes for Chip Caray, who's also on that level of suck.

markvid, yes indeed. And he used to walk around St. Louis that way, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted