1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, Albuquerque Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hungryhungryhippo, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

I think that was about the same time the Cannons still had people going to their games ...

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've had great times in Albuquerque, and not just because of the Liquid Lounge ...

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

R.I.P. Jack's on Central Ave.
    First scene in Rudolfo Anaya's "Alburquerque" was set at Jack's...

4. Flash

Flash Guest

The only part of Albuquerque I got to see when I was there was Old Town. Most of the time was out at Sandia Resort. Spent an aft in Santa Fe, too.
    But I loved it there.

5. LukeKnox

LukeKnox Member

Great gig, good paper, awesome town.

Jump on it. Trust me.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Marry me?

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Actually interviewed with a Canadian ASE on my honeymoon 16 years ago -- and nearly missed my flight home as a result. He made it sound less troublesome than I'm sure it is, but you'll notice I never got hired.

That said, a buddy of mine I interned with at a television station was Canadian. He married an American, became a citizen, and has worked at stations from Spokane to Orlando.

Back to Albuquerque, great city -- one of the few positive things about my year in New Mexican exile. The Journal is a pretty good paper, with a nice reach across the state.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Anything up on this, people?

9. WSKY

WSKY Member

Wanna live in a sweet place? This is it.

10. Cal E. Fornia

Cal E. Fornia New Member

Ah, the Liquid Lounge. Good times. Most of which I don't remember.

11. 20yrsinbiz

20yrsinbiz New Member

I know the sports editor at The Journal, and he's a good guy to work for. Albuquerque is fun city, paper is good. If being an ASE is a goal, this is a better solid option.

12. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Salary scale was simply shocking on this one.
    Would have loved to have jumped at this opportunity, but would not have been a pay raise, and this is from a small daily.
    SE seemed like a great guy, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted