1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Copy Editor/Page Designer (Westminster, Md.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Baltimore Sports Guy, May 4, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've got somebody sitting beside me who wasn't too crazy about it.

2. Paris or Scranton or the CCT - which doesn't have an O's opening?

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Scranton. ;)

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I know some kid prodigy from Scranton.

5. Anything here?

6. The position was filled.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

However, if anyone's looking to get back to that neck of the woods, I see the CCT has an opening on the news copy desk.

8. That's it? Come on Mr. Balt. guy, after all the build up, this is all we get???!!! More details, who??? From where????
    Come on, basic journalism: who, what, where, when.....

9. Since I have had little interaction with the guy I don't know much about him. His name is Eric Bem. I know he graduated from Lynchburg College either last year or in December. This is his first journalism job.

They conducted two interviews.

And yes there is still a position on the news copy desk.

10. Thanks for the news and congradulations to the new hire. But Balt Guy, are you sure the CCT didn't get a bunch of applications? Just because only two were interviewed doesn't mean a bunch of resumes didn't come in. I'm just asking because getting few applicants at this point in time at a paper with a good rep is hard to believe.

11. All I know is they interviewed two people. The guy that got the job is young and enthusiastic which can get you far in this business.

Draft saved Draft deleted